My New Pick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys got my new pick from Ron from the forum, all I can say is, 'Wow, what a quality pick from the head of the pick to the handle, expertly made and a lovely piece of equipment, can't wait to try it out at Gympie.

TmfaRlq.jpg

xC7U1iA.jpg

aYmeeiZ.jpg

Thanks Ron, I found Ron and his wife a joy to communicate with, I rang them the other day, he was out fencing, down to earth Aussie bloke working on the land, and the pick arrived in 3 days here to QLD. I would thoroughly recommend this pick to anyone who wants quality and expedient service with a smile.

Cheers

Len

Ohhh never thought of that, actually I was hoping................hahaha...........that you or Steve would give it a good workout and then I'll just shovel the dirt into my bucket, whadya reckon matey.????

haha yeah true, yes mate I want to hit that with a vengeance, getting better and feeling not so tired so gotta keep praying for cooler weather, I will bring the banjo aye and get right into it.

It has been getting cooler at night here..sun is rising to the north more days are getting shorter...couple of weeks and bingo digging weather.
Spot X is a banjo spot ...work our way back to the bend over the 2days and see what joy we can find? Water is ankle deep there atm..im still suffering this man flu mate

That's good not cooler here, stinking, and 30-31 all next week again.....so over it. Yeah 'Bingo' digging weather matey.

Yeah for sure, Spot X and rocker and Banjo.....good plan working our way along and test aye? That's what I like to hear ankle deep....good, very good. Rotten flut, you been into the garlic and Vit c and Echinacea..get into to man.

Talk soon.

i'm off to bed.

If you have the time & the energy you can make a pick from old car- truck springs, they also make excellent butchers knives.
Unfortunately it is very hard material to work with but the end results won't be worn out by you or the next few generations.

Yeah JT, I haven't got the equipment to make one of these, wish I did, the steel is ridiculously hard, as you say I won't wear it out, actually last Fri at Gympie with Tribsa, I said to him, this thing will see me out and many more.

Latest posts