My knock up highbanker attempt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to add I did try initially using front legs from a tripod with ally extendable legs. What I found was they were too thin in my opinion and didn't get traction so the banker would slide forward and slip a little. Also securing legs needs a little thought....how to get thin round legs to mount forward and out securely and not wobble excessively. Be good to see if anyone has come up with a method that doesn't require welding.

Nice job and nice legs! All you need now is a wheel chair to wheel it to the nearest water. ;)

A couple more pics...getting closer to the finished product. Its hose time

1389006567_bankerjan2014a.jpg

1389006590_bankerjan2014b.jpg

1389006612_bankerjan2014c.jpg

Looking good mate,....need to cut out all the squares in that crate and turn them into "L"s or rectangles. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Mate do yourself a favor and cut out any remaining squares, singles will just clog. Looks the goods otherwise, cheers balx

Hey John, yep ill have to do a swap if ur up at Nundle....you can dirty my highbanker if I can dirty your ATX!! lol

Twapster said:
Made this beast over a couple of days. While waiting on my TIG, I thought what could I make without welding? I decided to make a Highbanker. Its not a forward classifier like my next project, its fed from behind.

Im yet to work out pump size, riffles or expanded or walbanker style...etc.

Made from sheet aluminium 1.6mm, and used scraps from a whiteboard and crutches.

Sturdy as ever!

Missing a few bits here and there and obviously need advice on the gold catching section. So far made the grizzly section quite long for the material to become liquified properly.

Ive used occy straps crossways to ensure the feet are dead still, and it works real good, feet made from thrown out crutches!
that things a bloody weapon!

Yes it does look a little like a "creature from the gold lagoon"...crawling out of a river near you and attacking anything that moves!

Twapster said:
Hey John, yep ill have to do a swap if ur up at Nundle....you can dirty my highbanker if I can dirty your ATX!! lol
I think youve got high hopes there. My back wont allow me to do manual labour and as for you trying out the ATX, we shall see.

All I can say is WOW.....that's one hell of a machine Twapster. Awsum build.
It looks hungry... :lol: :lol:
Good luck with it.

Latest posts