My highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys....finally finished off my Highbanker, just need some carpet and the water jet plumbing.

It's 1400mm long x 300mm wide....

1392088827_sluice1.jpg

1392088858_sluice2.jpg

I hope it does Sam...Already told the guys at work who made it for me that it looks good and they said I hope it works, I told them If I were you I'd be hoping it doesn't because I might not come back to work one Monday!!

Hi Trench...yeah I sort of did. I used 25mm angle iron welded at 45deg spaced 70mm apart...some suggest 2 x rifle height for the pitch but It looked very close to me. They guys who welded it for me stuffed up the centre section but I thought I'd give it a shot before making another one.

Only dilemma is....miners moss or ribbed matting.

Looking great mate, can feel some good gold filling the jar soon. Best of luck out there on the creeks and hope some rain comes along to get the creeks flowing again.

Cheers Wal.

hey Crazyk

Bunnings in the last isle or two near the timber will have rhs sections, handyman lengths, on the shelf you will find bang in plastic caps to suit that 20 x 20 rhs tube, stop them from filling full of dirt, cheap as chips, about $0.50 each.

Hey Village The tubes are hollow all the way through so easy to clean and won't fill with dirt.

crazyk said:
Hey Village The tubes are hollow all the way through so easy to clean and won't fill with dirt.

Primed RHS is only painted on the exterior, silt gets in places and builds up, would have made an excellent finishing touch to a brilliant project, just an observation

Oh....I was going to get the damn thing powdercoated !!!!

If it works then I'll weld a couple of plugs on the end before powdercoating.

Cheers and all opinions matter !

Powder coat or gal might interfere with the mounts, it adds to the wall thickness, plus powder coat won't go inside the tube, cad plating on the other hand would provide a corrosion free coating with a greatly reduced dry film thickness then any other method.

food for thought

Ah ha...didn't think of that....will call on another friend to Zinc plate the legs !!

crazyk said:
Ah ha...didn't think of that....will call on another friend to Zinc plate the legs !!

It'll take 20 years for the inside to rust enough to worry about when you consider how long the bankers get realistically used. Cheaper to get 4 more legs in 20 years time than to Zinc plate the legs. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Lol yeah true but I can get it done free so will consider it. But hey...let me test the baby first!

I'd do it, no questions, free or have to pay simply because the rest of the job demands that it be finished to the same quality. Take pride in what you have built, it is a reflection and a true credit to you. Attention to detail, and no matter what the task love it or hate, always give it your best.

Latest posts