My beach rig - the sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Pablo and GP ,
The cable clam was the best choice and easily purchased ( a bit pricey though)
I initially looked for those pelican boxes ... Originals were way to expensive
Ive tried electrical enclosures ... Would be ideal in regards to size/bulkiness and although i dont intend to submerge the case
When tested to the extreme , i couldnt get it to seal properly.
Others had suggested the cheaper version pelican box from supercheap but until recently i couldnt find one.
They certainly are quite bulky ... I bought one last week
Will need to carry/mount in a small backpack
Its all a work in progress ... Including wireless /waterproof headphone/earplugs
I bought a transmitter like RJ and another member(cant remember who) unfortunately it didnt work :( am waiting for replacement

Sandta said:
Wintersnake said:
Sandta said:
Wintersnake said:
My brother does a lot of beach and sand bar detecting he finds heaps of jewellery, more in the water than the beach.
Surprisingly over last Christmas hols my GP did really well on coins at the beach.

My Bro's favourite answer to people that ask what he's looking for is "ring pulls" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Dont know about 'what im looking for' but definitely what i find most of :lol:
What area is your brother in ? Not specifically ;)
Im on the east coast , Newcastle .
Im currently working on another setup for hunting in the water
Beach hunting the water here is going to be challenging :rolleyes:
Opportunity and conditions will be key i think

He's down in vic on the Mornington peninsula, lots of popular beaches around port phillip bay down there and a short drive to some popular surf beaches. His biggest problem is stopping his missus from keeping all the good stuff :)
Fortunately ( for this instance) i dont have one of those problems
The waves are my issue

Figured that would be the case given your in Newcastle, my bro only goes about knee deep on low tide at the surf beaches.
I'm no 100% on the theory but he gave me a run down on the science of sand movement and the best times to hit surf beaches, basically as we know gold in any form sinks and it sinks fast in water logged sand.

Latest posts