My beach rig - the sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought i'd share some pics of my set up ...
1414286534_image.jpg

Retrofitted rechargeable lithium poly battery pack( estimated 100 hour run time)
1414286472_image.jpg

1414286507_image.jpg

I love that army pouch Sandta, bloody good idea. ;) does the job perfectly.

Loop on the scoop handle is a great idea too :cool:

This is my next project..... Fitting control box inside waterproof box.
So far have not been able to find one of these boxes , have found the glands but not the box
Have considered electrical junction box or sistema lunch box, but the one in video , if truly sealed, would be better , mainly for easy access.
My intension is not to actually be under water but just to be safe down at the waters edge in case of getting swamped by waves ...
If anyone has any hints ... I would appreciate input
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPm_xEIcNcM

I think I saw a few of those sort of boxes at BCF the other day.

A dry bag designed for an iPad May also do the trick. I think they had them there as well.

Ray's Outdoors may also stock that sort of item.

concentrate on the glands !
Sandta said:
This is my next project..... Fitting control box inside waterproof box.
So far have not been able to find one of these boxes , have found the glands but not the box
Have considered electrical junction box or sistema lunch box, but the one in video , if truly sealed, would be better , mainly for easy access.
My intension is not to actually be under water but just to be safe down at the waters edge in case of getting swamped by waves ...
If anyone has any hints ... I would appreciate input
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPm_xEIcNcM

Sandta

Your 10"will be heading your way soon.

New high end cable fitted. UV and Salt Water and Acid and Anti Bacteria - Special cable that is used in waste systems, so should out last the machine and you.

Before and after shots to come.

My brother does a lot of beach and sand bar detecting he finds heaps of jewellery, more in the water than the beach.
Surprisingly over last Christmas hols my GP did really well on coins at the beach.

My Bro's favourite answer to people that ask what he's looking for is "ring pulls" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Metamorphic said:
100 hours run time?

Now thats what i call a battery.....sweet!

;)
I dont know the specifics , thats what the bloke who recommended and sold it to me anticipated
Im not sure exactly how many hours ive put in so far... but its still going on the first/initial charge
It is a bit bulky but it works very well and is suited for how ive got my set up
Works for me ;) very happy :D

Wintersnake said:
My brother does a lot of beach and sand bar detecting he finds heaps of jewellery, more in the water than the beach.
Surprisingly over last Christmas hols my GP did really well on coins at the beach.

My Bro's favourite answer to people that ask what he's looking for is "ring pulls" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Dont know about 'what im looking for' but definitely what i find most of :lol:
What area is your brother in ? Not specifically ;)
Im on the east coast , Newcastle .
Im currently working on another setup for hunting in the water
Beach hunting the water here is going to be challenging :rolleyes:
Opportunity and conditions will be key i think

Goldpick said:
Many sovereign users on other forums use Pelican cases, and although expensive, are very waterproof. You can get no name copies of these from most hardware and camera shops that should do the job.

Jaycar also sell cheaper versions that may suit:

http://search.jaycar.com.au/search?w=case&view=list

I purchased 2 of the ABS cases for different projects from SuperCheap last week & I believe that they were quite a bit cheaper than those from Jaycar. They come with foam padding inside, that can be made to fit whatever you are carrying in the boxes. One of mine was used to hold an airbrush compressor and associated spray tip kits.

Rob.

Sandta said:
Wintersnake said:

He's down in vic on the Mornington peninsula, lots of popular beaches around port phillip bay down there and a short drive to some popular surf beaches. His biggest problem is stopping his missus from keeping all the good stuff :)

Wintersnake said:
Sandta said:
Wintersnake said:

He's down in vic on the Mornington peninsula, lots of popular beaches around port phillip bay down there and a short drive to some popular surf beaches. His biggest problem is stopping his missus from keeping all the good stuff :)
Fortunately ( for this instance) i dont have one of those problems
The waves are my issue

Latest posts