murphys law strikes again !!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well folks, Murphys law has hit the stoyve household with a vengeance.
1. Two weeks ago while coming back home from a job 100kms from home , the heads went on my work/play twin cab 4wd.
Of course the temp gauge didn't do it's job so the 1st a new there was a problem was when the engine and management system light up on the dash and you guessed it, the engine is cooked.
2. On Monday while driving Mrs Stoyves car towing my trailer about 50kms from home I noticed great billowing clouds of smoke in the rear vision mirror, oh no I thought, now the wife's car is dead?? But no, it was smoke coming from both trailer tyres from rubbing against the guards because the welds had let go on the leaf spring mounts so the axle moved about 15 degrees on an angle.
Ok I say to myself, suck it up princess you can use your much older and smaller trailer, so get on with it.
So I get that sorted and then comes today.
3. I'm on site with my pressure cleaner with about half an hour to complete a big job when my v-twin 21hp Honda engine dies 8)
All I can say is you've gotta have a laugh or you would go nuts.
So I'm still smiling because nothing can change what's happened.
if nothing else, I might have entertained someone.
Cheers Steve :D

The temp guage can't sense temp when the coolant has gone, so the first warning you get is the motor stopping.
We fit after market coolant level alarms to all our vehicles as a precaution. They have saved several motors over the last three years.
It is usually the little hoses, like turbo pipes or thermo bypass hoses that fail as they are foten hidden away and don't get the eyeball check that the radiator hoses get.

Yes they do say bad luck comes in threes and for your sake I hope that is true, coz sheesh you sure don't need anything else going belly up.

Spewing I bet, always happens in 3's, should be sweet for a while now. Some days are better spent in bad. Hope that's the last of the bad luck Soyve.

Jaros said:
I think we're glad you're not a train driver or pilot mate!!! :eek:

Ha Haa, your a very funny man Jaros :D

As I can't work because of the machine dying , I plan to head out tomorrow hopefully as a mate of mine loaned me his old ute because he's going to NZ tomorrow for 3 weeks.
Fingers crossed guys and thanks for your input and laughs.

Thanks golddiggerart,
I totally agree with those sentiments , I'm breathing and smiling mate.
Life is to short to stress it away.

Thanks for the offer Garyo but I live in Ballarat.
The welds itself was fine, it just tore away from the steel leaving two big holes.

Not as expensive but just had my ute give me the runaround in threes. First the coolant tank let go, so I manned up and got one brand new after work at 33% markup, bugger me the thing two days later sounding like a lawnmower drop a plug/lead and the coil died, manned up again took it to the auto sparkies and bugger me the belt tension pulley goes like 10 km from home on the same day stripping the drive belt as well. On the upside it's never ran cooler sounded as sweet or quiet as it does now.

Today it had a hard change in 3rd to fourth in the auto....here we go again!

Any way mate I'm sure your luck is due to change. I hear there's still 80 ouncers out there ;)

Hey dwt an gt I feel your pain but I do know it's character building.( or so they say)
And dwt at least your in the same state as me :D

stoyve said:
Hey dwt an gt I feel your pain but I do know it's character building.( or so they say)
And dwt at least your in the same state as me :D
Not sure how one would go about getting it over here!!!
It would cost you one MBKB, and good conversation :D
EDIT:
2 MBKB, if your going to drink some, there is some sh#t I just don't share!!! :mad:

Latest posts