murphys law strikes again !!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stoyve said:
well folks, Murphys law has hit the stoyve household with a vengeance.
Cheers Steve :D

Hope things pick up for you.
I don't know about the threes thing but I do believe it comes in waves wether it be good or bad. One,two, three or more. Sometimes it does not stop.

After the year that just passed I just learnt to accept that sometimes we have no control over what may happen to us.

As John Lennon sang
Life is what happens to you while youre busy making other plans.

And to borrow a quote from Grubstake in this thread

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11067

grubstake said:
What an amazing saga and whenever you think things couldn't get worse... they do!

One thing I really learnt last year was to never question worse.

But hey, that's life and while we are here we have to make the best of it. Whatever comes our way.

Good luck with everything stoyve.

Hahaha its sad to hear mate realy it is, for a while there i thought murphy had made permenant residence at my place!
Phewww !!! I didnt post them way to embarssing... like choking on a hotdog while reading this forum. :D

I cut the inside of my guts open with a bad back(twisting and rolling on the warm cement to try and put it back in place) coupled with a bit of that inside part of the crab shell in my stomach(the crab sandwich was absolutely divine to eat)my guts went tight and I threw up a whole lot of blood,... when they had a look down inside my stomach at the hospital about 2 days later, they found a nice cut already healed on the inside,.....It took me about two weeks to build my blood back up to have my normal strength once again,.... moral of the story( chew your crab sandwich properly, no matter how nice it tastes never scoff it even if you are starving) chew your food properly.

Once again, you guys are so kind and so funny.
No point getting miserable, it just gives me the opportunity to go bush again :D
Hey yobskin, if you choke on the hotdog can have your mobile hotdog franchise ;)

And dwt , never lose your charm mate , but I've gotta say, where's Panda when you need him? :eek:

Almost exactly ten years later I ended up in hospital with a fish bone stuck in my neck, nurse downstairs(read hired help) decides to feed me buisscuits before the opp,... just before the opp doc says, "that's ok we'll do it any way",... so they drug me up and get me to count backwards,... I wake up on the operating table because the doctor decides to look a bit deeper than my throat and pushes the video tool into my stomach(opening the valve that stops food coming up) causing me to throw up while on stupefying drugs that are designed to keep you asleep and paralyse you so that you don't move a all while the opp is carried out. I come too(eyes still shut) and in one movement reach for the tubes down my throat, withdraw them as I twist to my side and hear the Ahhhhs of surprise and disgust in the room from the staff (people in the theatre) and the splat on the floor as the vomit hits the floor thick and fast, I hear myself say, "it's alright I'm running on automatic", and someone replies, "it's ok we will clean you up just go back to sleep",..... which I do.,..... I still relive that moment quite often and it leaves me feeling emotional and upset,.... I still have pains related to moving while paralysed by those drugs(it was a lot worse closer to just after the event though), but what's a guy to do, save yourself on the operating table or drown in your own vomit. what do you think,... should I sue ?

Hi silver,
I believe nby what your saying that they failed in there duty of care, if your still traumatized from that awful experience, the need to be held to account for it.
This may help others from suffering because of the negligence of others and you should be compensated.
Regards Steve

stoyve said:
No point getting miserable, it just gives me the opportunity to go bush again :D
Hey yobskin, if you choke on the hotdog can have your mobile hotdog franchise ;)

And dwt , never lose your charm mate , but I've gotta say, where's Panda when you need him? :eek:

My known associates have beckoned me.
Currently vested in contingencies for the impending winter of the greatest colony

Sad tale my vehicle has become the bearer of the anger of my younger sibling resulting in the requirement of replacing the windshield and headlamps. Cricket season is drawing to a close and yet my brotherly kinsman is continueing to practice the lofty cross bat shot on objects larger than the leather sphere. Cheeky larrikan.

The lesson here;

Dont take drugs kids or dont forget your medication.
Be nice to your siblings it breaks the parental heart. Split lips heal in time.
Always direct your anger at inanimate objects.
Forgive swiftly.

Adis. Amigos.

Panda said:
stoyve said:

My known associates have beckoned me.
Currently vested in contingencies for the impending winter of the greatest colony

Sad tale my vehicle has become the bearer of the anger of my younger sibling resulting in the requirement of replacing the windshield and headlamps. Cricket season is drawing to a close and yet my brotherly kinsman is continueing to practice the lofty cross bat shot on objects larger than the leather sphere. Cheeky larrikan.

The lesson here;

Dont take drugs kids or dont forget your medication.
Be nice to your siblings it breaks the parental heart. Split lips heal in time.
Always direct your anger at inanimate objects.
Forgive swiftly.

Adis. Amigos.

My inability to match such eloquence has been, and will continue to be, and indeed still is an obvious fact Panda.
So I must thank you and indeed praise you, for gracing us with your precence on this topic and contributing such pearls of wisdom.
I am humbled and greatful to you.
Regards Steve.
(bow down to the King)

Stoyve ole mate i just saw a shooting star and put your name on it! Its all up to the universe now good luck! Stay away from mirrors??? ;)

Hey yobskin, as long as the stars doesn't shoot me I reckon I'm still doing ok and there's absolutely no chance of me and mirrors crossing paths, we just don't seem to get along :D
Cheers Steve

Latest posts