Mt Disappointment

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge or know if there's any colour around the mt disappointment area? I went 4x4 driving with boss and saw a lot of creeks I went down and had a look but unfortunately I didn't have my pan or equipment I'm gonna go back up soon is it worth it ???

GoldenB

I suppose you could expect that from a bloke with a white hat
and tickets on himself. :8
And hates Florins. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SNAP.
When can we get some more bloody smiley sorta things. :rolleyes:

Have a look at the geovic maps. From my limited knowledge there was some mining activity around the Clobanaine area which is North of Dissa.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Marty.

I've been up there a heap of times as I don't live too far away. The majority of gold found up there back in the day was north of Flowerdale Road, pretty much from west of the park, right across to the east.

From my understanding (I could be wrong) there were about 10ish gold mines up in that way. If you go up there with a detector you'll be pulling your hair out at the amount of junk scattered around the place.

I've always wanted to get to the bottom of Strath Creek falls though, but the only way I can find a way in to the bottom of the falls is an absolute massive hike up stream which would take god knows how long. ;)

Ilikecash said:
Have a look at the geovic maps. From my limited knowledge there was some mining activity around the Clobanaine area which is North of Dissa.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Marty.

that's now has a ( EL ) over that area and you would have to contact the mining company of the lease to go onto there exploration licence before looking for gold

Hunting the yellow i thought you didnt need permission on ELs only mining licences otherwise half the state would be off limits

Good point warrior and atom rat I'm from Doncaster so not far from Warburton if you want lets go out one day you could teach me a thing or two about protecting would be very interested and guys thanks for the jokes lol :) :) :)

I work for delwp and i prospect mt disappointment and tallarook as there part of our area we cover i can put you in some good spots just send me a msg if your intrested

Gold was mined to the north at Reedy Creek-Clonbinane-Strath Ck-Tyaak-Mt Piper, around Wallan, both NE and NW of Whittlesea (eg east from Mt Phillippa) and around Kinglake West -farther away around Flowerdale and Yea, near Mt Slide, and south towards Yarra Glen (Steeles Ck), St Andrews, Panton Hills, Christmas Hills, Warrandyte. Diamond Creek, Yarrambat, Hurstbridge. Arthurs Creek. Small, mostly ony a few thousand oz max at each locality (1.6 tonnes in reefs at Diamond Creek, more than a tonne at each of Reedy Creek and Warrandyte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts