More Hanging Rock Goldness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben78

Ben
Reaction score
Went out for a detect this morning and 45 minutes in popped out this beauty. Starting to turn into quite the nugget ground, 7 confirmed nuggets now and secondhand stories of a few more!

1395294958_1187142_10202256719994059_874375894_n.jpg

1395294995_126g.jpg

Great work mate, I know how hard it can be in the dense scrub of your area, well done with your persistence.

DD

Hi Ben78,
I have just put up a post to see if anyone will be in the Nundle Hanging Rock area over the coming week, I know the area fairly well and have not had the chance to have a swing up that way since last October.
It would be great to catch up if your still in the area.
SinHof.
PS: Nice nugget too. I hope there are a few more scattered around the area waiting patiently to be unearthed.

Nice work Ben!
I wish I had a bit of your luck!
I go up around Hanging Rock quite often,but no luck like yours.I have found all the junk you could possibly imagine,but no yellow stuff yet
I am fairly new to detecting I have a Garrett AT Gold detector.
Despite not finding any colour yet I love it,wandering aimlessly around in ever decreasing circles in the bush...
One day I will find a chunk...
I live about 3/4 hours drive from Nundle,hope to catch up with you some time.
Cheers,
weeg.

Hey weeg, if you are on Facebook add yourself to the Nundle fossicking group. Where at Goonoo Goonoo are you? At the station itself or on another property? One of the nuggets that has been found was a sunbaker - virtually any detector out there would have found it!

Latest posts