Minelab won't like this..?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1445497360_image.jpeg

1445496908_image.jpeg
Photo 1 found with 4500 and Coiltek 14 Elite Camo,,Photo 2 went back to clean up with 2300 zilch,,0..Lead shot no gold the 4500 got all the gold and the 2300 got the lead..worked my ass off digging lead to day..The 4500 and Coiltek elite,will get it all and leave most of the lead behind..

How do you get the 4500 to ignore the lead shot? Mine screams at the stuff no matter what coil I use.
BP

How do ya figure a GPX4500 with a 14" Mono coil has selectively discriminated out lead when it is physically unable to do so? Did you run it over the exact same spot or same area in a different spot? Doesn't add up? 8)

My SDC screams at the lead shot - usually the small shallow stuff - then the GP3500 with 14" mono or DD screams at it too but also gets the bigger deeper stuff.
These new coils must have an inbuilt lead blocker :p
Nice gold though Baldy & your right the 4500 won't miss too much.

????????????????? With all due respect i wouldn't mind running my sdc over that same ground. It doesn't make sense that you can detect that 'still' smallish gold with the 4500 and then only get trash with the sdc on the same patch :)

The 4500 still gets lead ,,but no where as much as the 2300..Most of that lead was not got with the 4500.and the 2300 cleaned up what the 4500 missed..and found no gold..

Baldy said:
The 4500 still gets lead ,,but no where as much as the 2300..Most of that lead was not got with the 4500.and the 2300 cleaned up what the 4500 missed..and found no gold..
Are well, that's different mate, your original post suggested (the way i read it at least) the 4500 got no lead. Other thing i was thinking could be that the gold was a little too deep for the 2300 to pick up whereas the lead wouldn't be as deep perhaps? What depth was the gold detected at?

Hi Scrounger..what I think is the new Coiltek got all the gold and didn't miss any for the 2300 to find..and the 2300 found the rest of the lead the 4500 missed..but no more gold with the 2300..So at least on these 2 patches the Coiltek matched the 2300..

Hi Mbasko,the new coil still got some of the lead shot,but not all of it and left plenty for the 2300 to mop up..But importantly didn't miss any gold for the 2300 to clean up afterward..So to use the 2300 to clean up the small stuff.you might expect to miss with a 4500..Maybe you might not miss too much with the new Elite coil..The 2300 will find very small gold but I think the new Elite coil might find just as much ..Cheers

Hi Tryhard 1968..What I found is the 4500 leaves a lot of the lead..and the 2300 Gets all the lead..And the 4500 got All the gold and probably some deeper that the 2300 would not have got..No secret settings for not picking up lead..with the 4500...but certainly left lots for the 2300 to find..Which it did..I hope that explains things a bit better .Cheers

Hi Baldy.
I have found with my 4500 v sdc that it will pick up all the gold and deeper but the sound is alot stronger with the sdc on the smaller 0.05g size. But you are correct the Elite coil is a weapon. I could not beleive how small it would find for a big coil.

So if you own a 4500, do you think it would be a waste also owning an sdc? I have an sdc but thinking about selling it to fund a 4500 so I can chase the deeper stuff. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

1445596080_image.jpeg
A good question NuggetNed...I will say this..a 4500 with a new generation coil ...ie...Coiltek 14 Elite will get all the gold down to .05 grams and will go deeper and get bigger gold out of the reach of the 2300..Has a range of coils to choose..depending on the situation..Battery is easier to charge...and volume of audio much better.....If you find a patch with the 4500 go over it very thoroughly ...and then go over it with your 2300 you will only get lead shot...but it is handy if you can have the 2...I think...Got this tiddler with the 2300 today...It was whisper quiet ...the 4500 would not get this 1..

Cheers Baldy, I'd like to have both but can only afford the one at the moment, so I'm starting to lean towards the 4500. In the area where I live in NSW I think having the extra depth of the 4500 is going to be the way to go, and is going to be much better for the gullys I intend on detecting. Just out of interest which sensitivity setting were you using with the sdc for that tiny piece and what kind of depth? :)

Hi Ned on the 2300 was able to run it on 4.... On 5 was a bit unstable and on 4 was able to pick up the little sutilties better...Very good machine in hot ground..Had the threshold on 3 lights..The ground was pretty shallow and gold 3-4 inches only...Really tiny bits less than .05 can be just a whisper ...even when in the scoop..cheers.

No doubt the 4500 is a good machine especially with a new gen coil but I would be a bit worried if I was missing that much lead...

Hi Tim,,I think the 2300 just loves lead..and small gold...and the 4500 just doesn't love lead as much..which is fine by me..will be interesting to see if the new Coiltek 12 will be different again..The 2300 gives you as an operator a lot of confidence in very hot ground..and I love that..lovely clear signals ..that is usually lead and sometimes Gold..

Latest posts