Minelab military discount

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just read in an American forum that Minelab is doing a deal at the moment in the USA called the "Military Deal". 15% discount off the price of detectors if you have served in the military forces.
If they had the same deal in Australia it could save some forum members a heap of money

Looks likes it only for current service members and retired vets only. Saw something about a 10% pensioners discount also?

It's a common practise in the US of A, they like their military personnel, seen similar offers for all kinds of things from travel to retail shopping.
Rather live here than have to put up with every nut case over there allowed to purchase guns of almost any sort .... Then they cry poor when they have a shooting massacre ( sorry couldn't help myself).

It seems that the Australian Company Minelab, gives the 15% discount only to US service personel, NOT their own Countrymen and NZ (ANZAC) ex service persons.......

Onya Minelab.......

If Minelab U.S. are giving discounts, it may well be through their PX "on base" retailers in as much as the wholesale price the PX buy them for from Minelab.

I know that the Australian on base AAFCANS did not sell detectors and are nowhere near similar to the U.S. PX shopping range, which is everything from a food supermarket to buying a car.

So any discount would need to be through AUS retailers and perhaps reimbursed by Minelab. The other thing to consider is the volume of sales the U.S. population is 13 times that of AUS.

I believe that discounts to US services/ex-services personnel are pretty common in the US - it's certainly a huge market. Perhaps such discounts are a condition of Pentagon supply contracts?

condor22 said:
If Minelab U.S. are giving discounts, it may well be through their PX "on base" retailers in as much as the wholesale price the PX buy them for from Minelab.

I know that the Australian on base AAFCANS did not sell detectors and are nowhere near similar to the U.S. PX shopping range, which is everything from a food supermarket to buying a car.

So any discount would need to be through AUS retailers and perhaps reimbursed by Minelab. The other thing to consider is the volume of sales the U.S. population is 13 times that of AUS.

Nah, the PX system is sales tax exempt, i went to town at Pearl Harbour and Schofield Barracks.
Either way, it seems a bit rude to "offer" as its put, a 15% discount to US servicemen, but not to ANZAC service pers, the home country of the company.
There is a discount scheme for defence in Australia, but its a bit of a sham, you need to apply for it, and its pretty much the same as those community voucher books you get.

Here's a bit more info from a US Forum:
1596768582_discount.jpg

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...itary-discount/?do=findComment&comment=135124

Good find Grubstake :Y:

Yes, it should be available to the Aussie service men and women, but maybe the question has never been asked or pushed to a decent degree? There is certainly a big market in America.

If the question is asked of Minelab and dealers they might be very forthcoming. Nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

davent said:
condor22 said:

Nah, the PX system is sales tax exempt, i went to town at Pearl Harbour and Schofield Barracks.
Either way, it seems a bit rude to "offer" as its put, a 15% discount to US servicemen, but not to ANZAC service pers, the home country of the company.
There is a discount scheme for defence in Australia, but its a bit of a sham, you need to apply for it, and its pretty much the same as those community voucher books you get.

Yeh I know all about that crap, I've been out of uniform 28 years, have a retired member ID and still get discount at shops, if I ask, around bases i.e. Edinburgh RAAF or Keswick Army. Coupled with a Supercheap trade card, and other cards, Stratco, BCF, Snowies, RAA and others, I get discounts at most places. Not a lot 5-10% but over time that adds up to a lot.

Latest posts