Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The postman just knocked at the door :D

1621931526_20210525_182707.jpg

4 day trip this weekend to get acquainted with it :perfect:

Hi Phil, I guess there must be a few hundred GPX6000 out in the field,, only 2 or 3 are posting positive stuff. I'm very keen to hear your thoughts about this machine. Regards, Hermann.

hermann said:
Hi Phil, I guess there must be a few hundred GPX6000 out in the field,, only 2 or 3 are posting positive stuff. I'm very keen to hear your thoughts about this machine. Regards, Hermann.
Hermann

I think there has been more positive feedback mate. I have some more videos coming up once we are out of lockdown. Stay safe and well my friend.

Guy (Darkside)

hermann said:

Hermann, it's a little early to give you an accurate opinion. I took it out the other day just to be sure it was working before we packed it to go away. It does, it makes all the right noises and actually finds gold.

It played up on the wet laterite ground just like anything else so I dug a few false signals just to be sure it was only ground noise. It may have been a good opportunity to try the 14" DD but I didn't want to sped the time checking it out. I worked over a small area of fresh scraping and retrieved a lot of swarf from the loader's cutting edge. It was obviously picking up clear targets so I moved to a fresh bit of ground and retrieved two small nuggets, a 0.135g and a 0.138g piece. They were both buried between 40-60mm. Just enough that it was a clear buried target. Both were very easy to pinpoint and I was happy with that.

First indication is that the GPX6000 will pickup small targets better that the equivalent sized coil on the GPX4500. It reacts to bad ground just like any other detector although I never had the time or energy to tinker with it.

I'm happy I bought it and I'm sure if we put the time in swinging it it will pay it's way as all of our detectors have in the past. The battery is painfully slow to recharge and that's disappointing but I like the carbon fibre shaft and the adjustment. I'll tell you more in a month or so after we return. Even though this is a bottle and treasure hunting trip I'll still get a chance to give the 6000 a good run :)

Ps: I'd show you the nuggets if I could find them. I had them on the kitchen bench but we've been packing up and all sorts of things have passed over the bench. I just swept the floor and panned the dustpan without success :eek:

hermann said:
Yep, minelab are too tight to pay more than 2 or 3 people to plug their latest product! They are making enough money selling to the African and Middle Eastern markets anyway, Australia doesn't affect the bottom line!

hermann said:
There's at least 10 x GPX6000 users/known members (none of whom are being paid by Minelab to the best of my knowledge) on this forum alone that are posting or have posted positive feedback on it. Some of them have also posted negatives but these mostly have been minor things? The only major issues seem to exist only in the eyes of those who haven't used one or don't want one at all.

Personally I've been restraining myself from saying too much as I realise it's a detector that won't suit all (aren't they all??). I love it for my local area/s. Not everyone will like it as much as I do, some might like it more?

I've also been through the GPX5000, SDC2300, GPZ7000 releases & the associated forum carry on that went with those. I've learnt it's best to say very little, or just respond to genuine questions/concerns from other owners, & just go quietly (& happily) about your own business.
The more you say the more fishing for negatives the nay sayers do & the more likely you get labelled as a paid commentator, dealer, Minelab fan boy, getting kickbacks for comment etc. etc.
Ironically, despite the best efforts of some to discredit them, a lot of the very best comment & information comes from some of the dealers, testers etc.

Latest posts