when will Laverton WA be opened again?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi team,

I am planning to go to Laverton this year (down Wilga) near Carey lake. I wonder if this is not feasible as the flood etc? The date should be around early june( or late May) to late August

Thanks,
Ethan

Hi Ethan.

I was in Leinster, Leonora, Laverton in the past couple of weeks. Pretty much all roads are open now but some with a ‘caution’ attached.

A few salt lakes are chockers with water but the roads we travelled were generally good, some are excellent.

Remember 40E’s, or only pending ground and to advise pastoralists of likely time frame and general area of your visit.

I found the pastoralists I contacted to be pleasant and helpful when approached the right way. Leave no trace of your visit, stay away from stock/water/infrastructure and all should be well.

Watch out for some wild cattle and wild dogs though 😉

Have fun 👍

Hi Ethan.

I was in Leinster, Leonora, Laverton in the past couple of weeks. Pretty much all roads are open now but some with a ‘caution’ attached.

A few salt lakes are chockers with water but the roads we travelled were generally good, some are excellent.

Remember 40E’s, or only pending ground and to advise pastoralists of likely time frame and general area of your visit.

I found the pastoralists I contacted to be pleasant and helpful when approached the right way. Leave no trace of your visit, stay away from stock/water/infrastructure and all should be well.

Watch out for some wild cattle and wild dogs though 😉

Have fun 👍
Thanks Northeast lol

Latest posts