Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. I am going to try it out at a permission tomorrow that I know very well.
The 'on edge' part of the update is what I am most interested in. Should be good.

I wonder if this will be the new update method for all Minelab updates or whether they will still be using Xchange
This method was nice and easy, although I have not checked to see if we can roll back like you can on Xchange.

easy done, great detector and what a great site this is , thanks guys :gemstone: :trophy: :gemstone:

I dont have a Nox , one day maybe , I luv my CTX

I seen the link elsewhere & also the overseas forums are all over it ...

Im curious Did anyone get an email from Minelab or a Minelab dealer on the software update ....?

No I didnt..
Only found out when I read your thread. :playful:
I have some Nox owner friends that had no idea either.
To be honest I didnt even know that the equinox could be updated.So that was a big surprise :perfect: :power:

Update done, nice and easy. I also havent had the Nox that long to know whether it will make a difference. Has anyone updated theirs and taken it out for a test run. :Y:

Maybe they are watching.......... :8 :playful:

Got an email from Minelab about an hour ago mentioning it

taje00 said:
Update done, nice and easy. I also havent had the Nox that long to know whether it will make a difference. Has anyone updated theirs and taken it out for a test run. :Y:

I have, it seems to work well, though doesn't seem to hit as hard on small coins such as 1c coins but they are still very detectable. Also it seems to be a lot more stable at a higher gain. Which is good, Smoky said he noticed the same thing too.

Trash said:
Maybe they are watching.......... :8 :playful:

Got an email from Minelab about an hour ago mentioning it
I got an email from minersden at around 12 noon saying tomorrows the big day.... are you excited...I thought yes I am its detecting day...But its the Nox give away ....no mention of the software updates :argh:
Good luck all :perfect:

Heatho said:
taje00 said:

I have, it seems to work well, though doesn't seem to hit as hard on small coins such as 1c coins but they are still very detectable. Also it seems to be a lot more stable at a higher gain. Which is good, Smoky said he noticed the same thing too.

Hey Heatho,
By adjusting the gain do you just mean adjusting the sensitivity or is there some way of adjusting gain.
Thanks Terry.

Trash said:
Im curious Did anyone get an email from Minelab or a Minelab dealer on the software update ....?
Got an email from Minelab directly about the update at 11:20am this morning.
Had a link to a nugget detecting with the Equinox article by Steve H also for anyone interested:
https://www.minelab.com/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/nugget-detecting-with-the-minelab-equinox
If you didn't get an email from Minelab then best check your warranty has been registered & you have signed up for updates/emails from them?

So if they keep updating the Equinox...How long before it is actually a better.... or on par detector ....than the mighty CTX..Minus the GPS of cause. :playful: :perfect:

It's the discrimination the CTX uses that makes it so special to me Smoky. They will always be very different detectors.

But yeah the Nox is 90% as awesome for half the price. Win win.