Milparinka / Tibooburra area NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NAPFA has sent a letter to the relevant area of Crown Lands that oversees decisions by Commons. We have asked them to look into the decision urgently as people were planning winter fossicking trips. We said that such a fee would be very detrimental to the local Tibooburra economy if lots of fossickers no longer choose to visit the area, as many stated would be the case.
Some NAPFA members fossicking there now were able to give us a detailed run-down, which informed our letter to the Crown Lands office. Thanks XXX! There has also been communications from other people in the town. Let's see what happens. This is by no means a done deal.

Stephen
President.

I notice that the phone nos. on the poster in the OP's #1 post are blanked out now.... mods?... but if you still want them, they are still up on a post on their facebook page, just scroll down a bit and its there, and a reply with a link to this forum. If they are monitoring our posts here, then I suspect they will try and delete that last one also..
Cheers. :mad:

You are quite right there OzzieAu... Mods ]:D ..... I still have the numbers in my phone too ]:D ]:D ... But as Stephen said.. It's been looked into...Officially :Y: .... Unfortunately for them, Word has already gone round the traps... :lol: :p .... Never underestimate People Power I say...

LoneWolf....

davsgold said:
Outback said:
Seeing comments are being deleted on their facebook , try this site ;)

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g494970-Activities-Tibooburra_New_South_Wales.html

Things to do at Tibooburra !

Ok thanks Jack, well seeing they are deleteing comments from their facebook page at least we know they have been looking at them, and they can't say that nobody complained.

cheers dave

Dave ' I think they must be starting to feel the heat , zapping comments won't stop this debacle being broad cast !

jack

Now Stephen has posted I can state what I was up to.
Some of the phone numbers apparently were posted
without the owners knowing what was going on.
I blanked the numbers as I did not want any flack coming from here.
It is a bad situation so I did what I did.

Tathradj said:
Now Stephen has posted I can state what I was up to.
Some of the phone numbers apparently were posted
without the owners knowing what was going on.
I blanked the numbers as I did not want any flack coming from here.
It is a bad situation so I did what I did.

I'ts great that NAPFA are getting onto this quickly, and hopefully get a good result.

Well it's easy now for them to say that about the phone numbers on the notice, it's not like there are a million or so population out there, so I wonder who made up the notice and just picked some random phone numbers to put on it. :lol:

cheers dave

Charging a fee to enter and use a gazetted common is acceptable under the Common Management Act of 1989 but the same Act requires that approval be granted by the governor (sect9.3)..so the NSW government would need to have organised for this fee/conditions to be gazette for it to be legal and enforceable.

Regardless of the above...you'd think that any town that could attract people who will spend on food, fuel, etc would be looking at ways to make the attraction greater not diminished through short sighted fees.

I recently had a chance meeting with a Mayor of a Qld region that contains designated fossicking areas and she was stunned to learn that I had spent over $2000 in accommodation, food, grog, fuel etc on several trips into those fossicking areas and that I would not have been anywhere near the place if those designated fossicking areas were either not there or get closed for any reason. I suggested her council could do more to promote our hobby and its economic benefits.

In Qld, the state governments and local authorities are failing to see and leverage the tourism and economic benefits from fossicking...a short sighted view...just like Tibooburra.

Ok , now as some of you know I have sent a few txt messages ( 2 )to those Phone numbers and I received a reply today... here is the reply...

''In Response to the people who have made a personal attack on myself and other members of the Tibooburra trust committee on social media, personal emails and txt messages....

I find it a DESPICABLE AND COWARDLY ACT to personally attack a VOLUNTEER member of a committee that is working for the community..

Regardless of the decision at a meeting it is made by the members attending the meeting. The committee member usually do not get to vote unless it is a tied decision..

To those that believe that a decision is Illegal, I remind you that the committee is bound by state law. The Commons Management act is the governing law covering all Commons in NSW and is available online....''......................

]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D that' all that was said..... ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D I haven't said anything to him/ her except I don't 'approve' about what they have done and LOTS of People agree.... I haven't attacked, abused on anything except said I don't think this is in your towns interest..... :N:

LoneWolf....

LoneWolf said:
Ok , now as some of you know I have sent a few txt messages to those Phone numbers and I received a reply today... here is the reply...

''In Response to the people who have made a personal attack on myself and other members of the Tibooburra trust committee on social media, personal emails and txt messages....

I find it a DESPICABLE AND COWARDLY ACT to personally attack a VOLUNTEER member of a committee that is working for the community..

Regardless of the decision at a meeting it is made by the members attending the meeting. The committee member usually do not get to vote unless it is a tied decision..

To those that believe that a decision is Illegal, I remind you that the committee is bound by state law. The Commons Management act is the governing law covering all Commons in NSW and is available online....''......................

]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D that' all that was said..... ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D

LoneWolf....

Well it's good that someone replied to you LoneWolf, I think there reply about it being a "DESPICABLE AND COWARDLY ACT to personally attack a VOLUNTEER", well then just lets say it was not one of the detecting comunity that put up the sign in the shop at Tibooburra with the phone contact numbers.

I also think that unless it had been aproved by the governing government body then it was very premtive on the common boards part to have the sign placed in the first place. Was it intended to gague a reaction, well that certainly happened.

cheers dave

Ha Ha... That's what I recon too... That it was a DESPICABLE AND COWARDLY ACT to try this on us, before it's Law.... well maybe before law..... The 'Response' is typed the way I received it....

Thought..... Is This connected in any way to the other Post made about the National Park draft management Plan for Tibooburra ?

Bet there were 2 new sim cards sold in Tibooburra today. ]:D ..... Oh that's right the Telstra shop closed down.... 8)

LoneWolf....

Fellas,Tibbooburra is very detector friendly town,and it's residents very friendly people..The people on that phampet work very hard for that town and do not deserve any flack..I'm sure any money received by the trust would be great fully accepted and would be wisely spent..We pay to detect on the two stations there so why not on the common..Just my opinion..

Your joking..... to ask for payment on Public Land.... Your the only one so-far that thinks this is fair... Before long we will have to pay to use our Detectors... anywhere..

LW

Occasional_panner said:
Just out of curiosity, is it a decent area to detect?
OP, its quite a large area the common, but from my experience ( a bit limited ) it's quite hard to get onto a spot away from others at times and if you upset anyone by getting too close to their 'patch', they will certainly let you know, as happened to me. I was just driving past to find a spot for myself and got told to p;$s off , so I just kept going.
I guess if ur lucks in you might find the odd bit in the worn down dry blow mounds that are scattered around.
There are no actual 'diggings' like in the GT to look for, just endless flat areas of quartz.... wear your sunnies... it's like the snowfields in places
1492590751_img_1338.jpg

Actually that photo was on GumVale station, not the common.

Might be worth emailing the Governor of NSW who over sees the Common Management Act and ask the question of Tibooburra common and mentioned fees.
Might as well go to the top and see what comes back, hopefully an informed reply to clear up the situation regarding where things are todate.

Oops post 76 has it in hand. Started this post and then Cyclone GC arrived and have just left, finished my post to see it covered :Y:.

RM Outback said:
Might be worth emailing the Governor of NSW who over sees the Common Management Act and ask the question of Tibooburra common and mentioned fees.
Might as well go to the top and see what comes back, hopefully an informed reply to clear up the situation regarding where things are todate.
this site tells you everything you need to know and what they HAVE to do to make it legal
it is hard to navigate but worth while
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_reg/

Latest posts