Mice everywhere!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Out here in central NSW there's a bloody mouse issue. Some would call it a plague, little bastids are everywhere. I'm 100km from Dubbo.

Any mice plagues where you are now, or is it just us??

:/ :/

Not a plauge but we have had an explosion of the little bastards. Kate got about 30 last week :D had heard they were thick in parts all over the country. Stands to reason given the bumper year 2020 was with regard to crops and the like.

Maybe we should stop discarding our face masks irresponsibly? :playful:

1612427964_mouse_hammock.jpg

Mate in Padthaway SA, big mouse problem. Another in Bordertown SA, same. I'm probably 1400km away from tg here.

Farmers out here are worried once they harvest the wheat crops, it'll be prolific.

:(

Rodt said:
There's a few here in Gunnedah. Have heard the term "plague" used but haven't had any at my place (touch wood). Either don't see them or our little dog is into them and keeping them away
Just up the road from me mate Gunnegah :)

Teemore said:
Plague, pestilence, floods ... we're doomed.

But seriously feel for those in the affected areas, nothing worse than these buggers infesting everything.

Better get some traps ready :playful: their on the march :beer:

RM Outback said:
Better get some traps ready

Buy baits in bulk ..... always have a few spread through the shed (don't want my tents nibbled at) and in the ceiling cavity.

Have vivid memories of taking to family for a holiday in an old farmhouse at Nagambie, say a few running around the open fireplace but didn't say anything knowing it world freak out the better half ........ she was NOT impressed when they ended up running across her in bed that night, could say I was in the :poop: :poop: :poop:

Get armed up boys.... tennis racquets, cricket bats, golf clubs (a good Wood, forget the Wedges), hockey sticks.

I used to fill flagons with dead mice, live mice, hardly moving mice... get the picture :8 :awful: (kids do weird stuff during mouse plagues)

Deep bucket buried in the ground with 6 inches of water in it, along the side of a wall, cover it with a bit of box gutter upside down to make a tunnel, and the mice run along the wall inside the gutter, fall into the bucket of water.

Spook them to the walls, they will follow along it. Empty it regularly , they stink up fast.

:cool:

Rodt said:
There's a few here in Gunnedah. Have heard the term "plague" used but haven't had any at my place (touch wood). Either don't see them or our little dog is into them and keeping them away
I was in Gunnedah during the 1984 plague, it was horrendous, particularly out Mullaley way, the roads were literally covered in fur. At night you drive over a crest and as the headlights dropped down the whole road in front of you would appear to move.

Latest posts