Marlin painting step by step

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is a prospecting site and not art, and it probably bores a few of you. But there are a few anglers, hunters and people that love the Aussie scrub on here and a few of you seem to enjoy seeing my artwork. So tomorrow i'm going to paint a black marlin that's on order for a boat sticker. I won't post anymore paintings on here for a while after this ones finished i promise.
So, anyway, this is the first step, the pencil sketch. I'll put up more tomorrow as i progress and colour it in. :)
1462779168_img_4534.jpg

BigWave said:
I'm ok with art - being an engineer :) gotta admit though - you do lovely work Scrounger. Ps: did that Samba have a torn ear?
Well spotted BW. :)

mbasko said:
Don't stop putting them up! Definitely not boring. I'm in awe of the skill - my drawings never progressed much further than stick figures :lol:
Someone made an awful lotta money doing just them lately (on cars everywhere ). :eek: :lol:

silver said:
mbasko said:
Don't stop putting them up! Definitely not boring. I'm in awe of the skill - my drawings never progressed much further than stick figures :lol:
Someone made an awful lotta money doing just them lately (on cars everywhere ). :eek: :lol:
I saw one of those stickers on a car the other day silver that said 'f... your stick family'' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't think of a better way to add to the 'general chat' post count

Keep up the fine work Scrounger :cool:

I reckon that tear in the ear could be a bit of a photo shopping with the brush to cut out the NLIS tag (a white 1). Bottle feed hand raised tame will sit for extended periods, long enough for Scrounger to do a portrait, what's his name Scrounger lol :D

RM Outback said:
I reckon that tear in the ear could be a bit of a photo shopping with the brush to cut out the NLIS tag (a white 1). Bottle feed hand raised tame will sit for extended periods, long enough for Scrounger to do a portrait, what's his name Scrounger lol :D
No, he's a wild one RM, guarantee it. Up near Gibsons Hut, Mt Pinnibar.

SCROUNGER said:
I know this is a prospecting site and not art, and it probably bores a few of you. But there are a few anglers, hunters and people that love the Aussie scrub on here and a few of you seem to enjoy seeing my artwork. So tomorrow i'm going to paint a black marlin that's on order for a boat sticker. I won't post anymore paintings on here for a while after this ones finished i promise.
So, anyway, this is the first step, the pencil sketch. I'll put up more tomorrow as i progress and colour it in. :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4820/1462779168_img_4534.jpg

Drawing / Observation
Prospecting / observation same skills imp.
No wonder you find so much gold !.

SCROUNGER said:
RM Outback said:
No, he's a wild one RM, guarantee it. Up near Gibsons Hut, Mt Pinnibar.

I wouldn't doubt it Scrounger, hunted a few in my day. Just my take on Big Waves question. Your art is exceptional imo, most can only dream of producing such a masterpiece.

Coming along nicely Scrounger, both good pics but yeah the 2nd one displays more action & movement, bit of splashing water might look good on it as well.

(I also noticed the Sambar ear on the other pic, just about all the stags we came across had tears from fighting, lots of scaring on the face as well, got one pic that shows it well on a big stag with 30-31 inch antlers, took 6 blokes to lift him in the cruiser after field dressing, he was big).

You could do a series of Australia's biggest nugget paintings SCROUNGER, Would look fantastic and really be giving something to the people( I Don't mean for free ) by painting them, and a name in history for yourself, get them put onto a stamp series ( so keep that in mind with the background sizing ) and donate one to the national gallery and put a hefty price tag on the rest after the stamps have had their day, maybe do an all inclusive painting as well that could be used in a minisheet of stamps ( we havn't had a great minisheet for a while ) ,.... just a thought is all. ;)

Latest posts