Lost

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday husband and I went out again for a detect, we have a GPS position for a old quartz reef he has been busting to get into the bush to have a look, me Im not so keen tried to once and the lantana and grass is so high I gave it a miss.

So he also gave it a miss Yesterday he was determent to get to it, so I just swung around the dirt tracks,he made sure he had new battery in his walkie talkie we made sure before he left we were both switched on.

An hour later he returns informed me the walkie talkie went flat must have grabbed a couple of old battery's.

I shook my head, if anything was to happen no way would I have known where he was.

So when I got home I decided to search rescue whistles 120 dc $10.00 each so I bought two, After the couple in Western Australia going missing I must say Im thinking more about falling down one of these old mine shafts and no one hearing me.

Stay safe all our good detecting weather is on its way
Margaret

Margaret you Can buy a gps tracking system
where the Person staying back at camp has the gps
system And the person heading out has the gps position
Receiver. The person at camp can see where the other
Person if using it this way.

Even though you might both head out from camp
You coud always leave the gps system at your
Camp site so if something happens and the search
Party finds your camp then they can locate you.

This is what i am talking about.

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/29472/dog-tracking-gps/

Hope this helps.

Good luck and stay safe.

Or if you can afford it get a twin pack of these.
UHF plus GPS and track where the other is.
https://www.ja-gps.com.au/Garmin/rino-650-gps-uhf-radio/package
010-00928-05-TWIN-battery.jpg

Johnny Appleseed used to run 2 for 1 specials on them as well.
They also have a li-ion battery pack option which allows the alkaline battery pack to be carried as a spare.

One thing that can't be stressed enough is carrying spare batteries on you for GPS/comms gear. The whistles are a good cheap idea too - my loud 2 fingered whistle has led a mate back to the vehicle in the past.

Latest posts