Lost for good and lost and found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Tuesday just gone one of my boys picked up his first ferret 9 week old female who was christened Poly the Pole Cat and an absolute ripper, quiet and friendly. Friday was to much for the boys so they decided to try her out in an open ended drain about 15 metres wide. Plenty of rabbits have taken refuge in this drain over the years . After 5 minutes they heard some rustling and commotion, turns out Poly was taking on a tiger snake and came off 2nd best. My young bloke was destrort to say the least, she's buried near the dam with a cairn of rocks to mark her resting place :| .

So Saturday arvo saw me and the boys heading for Bendigo to pick up some new ferrets 1 each for the boys. Me being me thought I'd swing the 2300 at Heathcote on the way. While swinging I got a decent target response, while checking the scoop I received a response that blew my ear drums to bits yep I'd left the wedding ring on again :mad:. Took it off and put it in my pocket, got home and realised I hadn't put it back on crashed out in the recliner woke up and went to bed.

This morning I thought I better put the ring on, checked the pocket of the pants I was wearing and realised I'd lost it. Brain goes into recall mode and new I was on my way to Heathcote this arvo. Told the wife what was happening and she said ring the bloke you bought the ferrets from might save you a trip, not a bad idea given what was already planned. So I text the bloke in Bendigo and a reply came back that he'd have a look. The next text blew me away he'd found it on the road out the front and would post it free of charge.

I am over the moon with regard to this fella's generosity, mailing it at no cost. I'd offered to put money in his account of which he'd have none of that, so I let him know I'll pass on the offer to someone in need just need to find that person now. If anyone needs a chop out with potage and your doing it tough don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry to hear about the ferret mate . But sounds like a bad day ended up all good to a certain extent.

Ha yeah that's life with kids and ferrets/pets, kids get attached and then life circumstances come to the fore.

All worked out well in the end new ferrets and the ring is on it's way home. The young bloke with his new ferret got bit on the nose tonight :lol: . It's been an eventful weekend :lol: should have taken up dam it's offer :eek: dare I say it

Ring a ding T I N G, it's a wonder you didn't hear it hitting the road RM ! :eek: , better a ferret than one of the kids though hey, bit like one of those sacrificial ratters, at least they've got a couple now (breeding pair huh ? ). :D

silver said:
better a ferret than one of the kids though hey, bit like one of those sacrificial ratters, at least they've got a couple now (breeding pair huh ? ). :D

Definitely better the sacrificial ferret than 1of the boys, the eldest (13) had it race towards him. Fortunately he got clear with a metre to spare.

And yes they now have a breading pair. I've been told they can produce upto 8 per litter. We'll let them have 1for starters and see how the boys go in regard to animal husbandry. If they can manage that lot without dumping it on Mum and Dad they might get a second look in :eek:

Mackka said:
Bloody ferrets, you can have them. All I remember is smoking the buggars out of the burrow because they wanted the kittens, but thanks for bringing back the memories RM.
Mackka

I'm tryyyying not to think of those days Mackka but now you mention it, my boys will be all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake. They love any opportunity to burn off during autumn and winter.

Smoking them out in autumn and winter beats any day digging them out in late spring or summer :lol:. I struggle to dig a post hole in the warmer months, prospecting seems to not bother me though :p anyway I'll keep going until I work it out :lol:

Latest posts