Lost dog

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
If anyone is missing or knows anyone who's missing a short haired brindle coloured bitch about the size and look of a cattle dog wearing a tan leather collar from around the Cox's Find area on Erlistoun station please contact me.

If anyone on any of the face book prospecting forums could please keep their eyes out re the same.

Cheers,
Steve

When I was camped at Opalton about 100 kms. south of Winton , a ginger cat turned up in our camp . As there was only 2 or 3 camps it did not belong to any body . Nobody else had been that way to dump a cat . It had some burrs stuck in it's coat that I managed to cut out . We gave it a feed and it left after a few days . I am still mystified where it came from .

Not my dog Jaros, unfortunately I found it...it should not have been here.

Mike678 said:
Has it got a chip ? Tourist dog ?

Most likely a prospectors dog. Indigenous dogs usually don't have a collar and locals aren't stupid enough to bring their dogs.
As for a chip? Would need a trip to a vet 400klms a way to find out.

Don't regret finding it , what goes around comes around . You will get a lot of pleasure if you find the owner . Dogs are part of the family .

Manpa said:
Mike678 said:
Don't regret finding it , what goes around comes around . You will get a lot of pleasure if you find the owner . Dogs are part of the family .
Sadly Mike768 I think you will find this one, in the words of Monty Python is defunct.

Indeed it is defunct. It is the late Dog, it has ceased to be, it is bereft of life, it rests in peace, and it is an ex-Dog.........................

Mike678 said:
Has it got a chip ?

It 'as more than a chip. In fact it 'as more lead in it than all the solder on the P.C board...................

P.S. Don't feel bad MT. I caught a neighbors dog in a trap I made once. I released it, and it was lucky to scamper home with a note attached to it's collar telling them to keep their mutt on their own property. If I had have had a gun I would have drilled it instead.

madtuna said:
Jaros said:
Lucky it didn't pick up a bait. :(
The out come was the same, unfortunately you can't see a collar from 200 metres away.
It's a real bugger that it had to happen MT & a pity people can't follow a few simple rules that would've prevented it for you + them.
Hopefully if you do track the owner down they take that on board.

Thanks Matt. That's the 2nd time I've accidentally shot some ones pet.

I've had to put a few down but thank god this doesn't happen often. Chances are it was lost and had just been living in the bush and it's owner may be long gone. Still it shouldn't have been here.

I'd still like to locate the owner, they may wish to bury it or keep its collar..I don't know.

madtuna said:
Mike678 said:
Has it got a chip ? Tourist dog ?

Most likely a prospectors dog. Indigenous dogs usually don't have a collar and locals aren't stupid enough to bring their dogs.
As for a chip? Would need a trip to a vet 400klms a way to find out.
Connect the electric fence to the coil of a GM1000 and wave over it if the dog explodes it was chipped. :( ]:D

Throw it in the freezer for whe they come to get it
:pickshovel:
:skull:

silver said:
Throw it in the freezer for whe they come to get it
:pickshovel:
:skull:

Reminds of my mate. Family dog died. A lovely dog called 'Lady' they decided to preserve 'Lady' for a more convenient time. So in the freezer with her so she could be buried in a lovely place (another island)
His young son questioned what had occurred and said "are we going to eat her".

Latest posts