Lost and found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find my battery charger for the 5K for a while now. Just accepted I'd lost it somewhere out bush. Then last trip my car charger died on me. I was very sad. 8.( So anyway, I decided to go for a drive to Naracoorte with the young fella and buy a new 1 of each. Got up there and grabbed a car charger, but they didn't have any 240v chargers. That made me sad again. 8.( So to cheer myself up I bought a $220 10 megaton thermonuclear Walco pick. Big bugga. That made me happy. :D Of course I still had to order a 240v charger, so I jumped on 5he phone to Coiltek in Maryborough (it's on speed dial) and jobs done.
Now we're in the process of moving house and Mrs Chewy walks out of the bedroom where she has been packing stuff holding my 240v charger asking hey whats this? (Sarcastically) Hello DH! :rolleyes: oh well gotta spare now. Down the back of the couch. Of course. :lol:

Lost and not found.

I lent my set of keys to a bloke where I do vollie work on Wed, so he could undo a couple of locks. Then when I was about to leave late in the day when only 2 of us still there, I realised that he had gone and hadn't returned my keys. I gave him a call on the phone and he came back, but we couldn't find them anywhere and all he could remember was "I recall putting them somewhere and thinking that isn't a good place to put the keys and got distracted". Long story I was locked out of my Prado and there were about 20 other keys in the set, including those for my Sprinter camper-van at home.

So he gave me a ride into town so I could catch a train and bus home, but yep I got caught by several hours of delays due to that fatal train car prang at Surrey Hills. Short version I ended up getting home by 8:15pm.

Luckily I had a spare set of keys for the Prado, so a mate took me back to get it Thursday am, when we spent another hour looking everywhere including going bin and dumpster diving, but no luck.

In the arvo I chased around getting a spare key made for the Prado ($180), but the Sprinter was a different matter. Fortunately the Merc mechanic ("technician") who does my Sprinter maint, is one of very few that has the gear to create new smart keys. So after he broke into the Sprinter and pulled the dash apart to extract the key lock, he used his smart gear in his van to create 2 new keys. Cost me a bomb, but at least I have the van back on the road.

Now I just hope that the bloke remembers where those keys are sitting as there were many more that I still need to recover.

Rob.

Damn , thats f@@ked mate.
It amazes me how others really have little regard for things that arent their own
It probably is a very inocent misplacement , though how long have you had your keys and havent lost them
Or other items you could have had for years , and with assistance from a third party , the item is lost , broken , damaged etc.
Within 10 mins. :rolleyes: :mad:

PabloP said:
Lost and not found.

I lent my set of keys to a bloke where I do vollie work on Wed, so he could undo a couple of locks. Then when I was about to leave late in the day when only 2 of us still there, I realised that he had gone and hadn't returned my keys. I gave him a call on the phone and he came back, but we couldn't find them anywhere and all he could remember was "I recall putting them somewhere and thinking that isn't a good place to put the keys and got distracted". Long story I was locked out of my Prado and there were about 20 other keys in the set, including those for my Sprinter camper-van at home.

So he gave me a ride into town so I could catch a train and bus home, but yep I got caught by several hours of delays due to that fatal train car prang at Surrey Hills. Short version I ended up getting home by 8:15pm.

Luckily I had a spare set of keys for the Prado, so a mate took me back to get it Thursday am, when we spent another hour looking everywhere including going bin and dumpster diving, but no luck.

In the arvo I chased around getting a spare key made for the Prado ($180), but the Sprinter was a different matter. Fortunately the Merc mechanic ("technician") who does my Sprinter maint, is one of very few that has the gear to create new smart keys. So after he broke into the Sprinter and pulled the dash apart to extract the key lock, he used his smart gear in his van to create 2 new keys. Cost me a bomb, but at least I have the van back on the road.

Now I just hope that the bloke remembers where those keys are sitting as there were many more that I still need to recover.

Rob.

Good & bad as the keys are now lost & FOUND. One of the other blokes picked up the keys, put them in his coat and forgot about them. Bad bit is that I am out of pocket by more than $1k.

Rob.

I dread cleaning out my shed, will probably end up finding all sorts of "lost" detecting gear from over the years - still looking for my Racer 2 Koss headphones which I stowed away in a "safe" location.

It must be a man thing. :D

Chewy. When I was in the process of buying my sdc I told the Missus I needed a battery charger for it. Asked her to see if she could get one for me when she went mega weekly shopping. She couldn't find one. So went on evil bay...bit expensive. Then I thought I used to have one in my shed......hunting hunting hunting. Couldn't find it. Then was looking at my down loaded user manual that I had downloaded 2 weeks before I got the sdc. It comes with a charger doh !

Latest posts