Lost and Found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank,s mark
Just thought it would be a courtesy to ask you :)
Yes I sure would like to catch up and go to a few different location,s
that would be great .
Give you a call thank you :)
Paul

You are not going to believe this, but I got back from Talbot late last night after searching for my phone I lost near Quarry track early in the morning.
Borrowed a phone to call it, could not hear it at all, borrowed a 20" coil thinking its under leaf litter. 10 hours later phone is flat and still out there.

Must be the Talbot pixies ??????.

I never take my phone out normally.
Cant get back till Sat evening and RE SEARCH Sunday with the missus.
If I find mine I'd be happy to help you search if you are in Talbot as well.

Deano.
Going to telstra now to get a temp sim card on an older phone.
Glad I kept that and not put it in one of those recycle bags you get.

Not going to beleive it, went back to my spot today and I found my phone within 10 minutes, picked it up and it was like it had just fallen out of my pocket, it hadn't rained so was in perfect condition. Figured out why I could locate it last weekend the phone had shutdown due to over temp as it was in full sun. When it cooled down it powered on and still had 60% battery life. My lucky day I guess, I then pinged a .5 gram nugget so all up it turned out to be a awesome day.

Cancel the payment through the bank etc,... they will soon cancel the order if no money is forthcoming :eek: ,... or ask nicely and they may cancel anyway(best option). ;)

Hi guys .... A good read and glad Tryhard found his phone.
I'm paranoid about loosing my phone, wallet or car key. So I bought a little mini back pack from Anaconda, about $14, and put all my belongings in there when I detect. It has two zip up compartments. A small one for phone, wallet and key. A bigger pocket also fits some basics first aid items, whistle, miners right, and the all important roll of dunny paper. Detectorists, like bears, do shit in the woods. LOL! ? ?
It also has two side pockets for bottles of water. However it's still small enough to sit above my GPX battery pack. It's a great bit of kit. Cheers dignit

Good news. My eagle eyes wife found it, and I would have walked past a dozen times, in the shadows of bark it was hard to see, iespecialy in the afternoon light .
It had turned itself off or overheated in the full sun as it still had 40% battery life when I turned it on.
Leson learnt, .............leave the phone behind in future. :)

The mini backpack sounds like the go.
Releived Deano.

Latest posts