Lost and Found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was out at Talbot on Friday detecting and I came across a newish pick which I guess someone is missing. If the owner can let me know the make and location it was lost I will happily return. Oh yeah and if anyone finds my One+ One mobile phone it would be great if you could let me know as I lost it in the same area.

Rgds

Mark

This is what I tried, spent 5 hrs walking around sending SMS's to my phone nothing, tried Google and AVG find my phone which I had tested previously, nothing ;(
All I can think is it fell down a hole not to have reception, oh well it will make a nice archaeological find in the future. Ha Ha Scrounger, if you find my phone you can have the patch Happy to give all PA members the GPS coordinates to the patch if it helps find my phone.

Good point though about it possibly falling down a shaft. I carry my phone in the GT and have reception no problem, but i wonder if i'd still have reception if i fell down a shaft that was too deep to get out of?

i feel your pain mate i am forever putting my phone down in places only to forget where it is and i always have my phone on silent so ringing it is no help, hopefully someone honest finds it and you get it back

Tryhard's on fire lately Steve, i'm just thinking of ways i can get an edge on him :lol: :lol:
Mind you, i have trouble enough finding my car keys at home, so it's not likely i'll find his phone or gold patch :lol:

Put your ears on out there and phone his number when all else is silent,..... or listen for the birds calling out in the distance to tell which way to look first up. ;)

TryHard - Find My Phone will play a tune (it does on my iphone) when commanded even when in silent mode. I lost mine in the Dunolly forest just after last Christmas. Tried Find My Phone, but only got the reply: "Phone online but not located" (I presume GPS coverage was impacted). After a few days of further trying, it went dead. I then reported it as lost (using Find My Phone) and put a finders on it. The next day I received an email next morning stating that it was last reported near Painswick. I'd only stopped at one place near there (hundreds of other places tho), and went back after New Year following big rains - not expecting much. My daughter found it near immediately, washed down the dirt track a bit, in a culvert and covered in dried mud and leaves. On cleaning - particularly in the connectors (it had baked dry for days following the rains) and following short recharging - its working perfectly. Haven't tried the earphone connector yet but who cares. Incredible piece of kit! Leather cover never recovered tho.

Hey tryhard1968
Was thinking maybe a change of location in the next few weeks .
Would you mind if I went to the place you took me ?
Like I mean you were nice enough to share you honey hole with me
I just think it would be a bit rude to go and play there with out letting you know .
As I will be by myself will not share your location with others in less ok with you ;)
Thanks Mark .

Well i hope you find your phone, some of these phones a pretty costly these days. I learn't a lot from this about how to find my phone if i loose it though. :)

Thanks guy's for the support, well I am going back this weekend to give it one more go at finding my phone. I have bitten the bullet and bought a new one and yes they are not cheap the last one cost me $500 ;( , as for the patch Damit you are more then welcome to head back as I don't have a PL on it ;) BTW I will be in Talbot all weekend so we can catch up if you like and I can take you to some other locations if you like.

Rgds

MArk

PS: I gather no one has lost a pick so I have a pick up for offer!!!!

im after a long handled pick as ive got a short one that isn't very good with a bad back

tryhard1968 said:
Thanks guy's for the support, well I am going back this weekend to give it one more go at finding my phone. I have bitten the bullet and bought a new one and yes they are not cheap the last one cost me $500 ;( , as for the patch Damit you are more then welcome to head back as I don't have a PL on it ;) BTW I will be in Talbot all weekend so we can catch up if you like and I can take you to some other locations if you like.

Rgds

MArk

PS: I gather no one has lost a pick so I have a pick up for offer!!!!
Might run into you tryhard, i'm scrounging around Talbot tomorrow most likely. :) :)

Latest posts