Loose lips sink ships..and nuggets !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loose lips maybe.....

Still do not support Theft..... Trespassing on a Know Lease or Mining area where you DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION is still a NO NO in my books...

Opps, sorry about that; while many seem to think it is OK to trespass and steal if it is Gold or other Minerals...

I am still old school and Theft is Theft... Can not get over the number of people supporting them....

PS. The recovered gold, should go back to the owners of the Lease / Mining rights....

AngerManagement said:
Loose lips maybe.....

Still do not support Theft..... Trespassing on a Know Lease or Mining area where you DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION is still a NO NO in my books...

Opps, sorry about that; while many seem to think it is OK to trespass and steal if it is Gold or other Minerals...

I am still old school and Theft is Theft... Can not get over the number of people supporting them....

PS. The recovered gold, should go back to the owners of the Lease / Mining rights....

Sorry Mark i missed the posts about people supporting theft , when ever you have a sec feel free to highlight them for us :Y:

Lets not crucify them.

From what i read in that article they didnt break into someones house and steal gold.
They didnt mugg anyone for the gold.
They didnt con anyone for the gold.

They were driving through an area that was leased and stopped for a lunch break BBQ spotted an easy gold nugget and greed got the better of them.

It was wrong and they need a big slapp on the wrist maybe lose a detector or two and return the gold to the owners.

But lets face it...the're not hardened criminals.

Not passing judgement here, but the guys don't look to be the sharpest tools in the shed (hell - they broke it up so must bit be a bit daft), and because the pit seemed disused, they may have thought "abandoned", viz: lease expired. Not all miners have (or still do) put up adequate securities to restore the land.
Let's not jump on band-wagons and call "deliberate theft" too quickly. I'd hate to have some of you guys as my jurors ;)

Mate, I've gone for many - many days without finding any nuggets, then all of a sudden it happens. Where's the difference here? We humans just love to judge others - particularly those seemingly luckier than ourselves. Innocent until proven guilty I say - not by a panel of PAers (of which I am proudly one).

What I don't get is if they found it where they shouldn't have how did they get caught unless they mentioned where they found it. I know they can test gold but I don't think it would be really that specific to a small area. If they mentioned knowing they shouldn't have been there well that's just Darwinism . Maybee they just screwed up.

LC76 said:
Lets not crucify them.

From what i read in that article they didnt break into someones house and steal gold.
They didnt mugg anyone for the gold.
They didnt con anyone for the gold.

They were driving through an area that was leased and stopped for a lunch break BBQ spotted an easy gold nugget and greed got the better of them.

It was wrong and they need a big slapp on the wrist maybe lose a detector or two and return the gold to the owners.

But lets face it...the're not hardened criminals.

Couldn't agree more LC76 well said,1 bloke lost his job (and maybe his wife and kids along with maybe a house) for the sake of a moment of stupidity . At the end of the day they do deserve to be punished and all we can hope for is they are decent people in their communities and learn a quick and serious lesson.

On the other hand if their recidivist thieves no amount of comment on this forum will change a thing or them.

Latest posts