looking to sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hay guys and girls really need some help to find some were to sluice . Been to oallen a couple of times now and for the amount of effort i get very little in return . Is there anybother places around canberra togo and if any one want to come for a week end away let me know trade some storys .
Thanks in advance

oallen can be a funny place, you really need to pick the spot that will produce, test panning is a must at oallen like most places, but you need to keep testing the ground at oallen, a foot too deep, a foot to the left or right too much and you can be off the gold.
there is other spots around that maybe an ideal area to try, places like tuena etc but remember more worn the path the more diggers it has seen ;)

I was actually surprised with Oallen on the weekend.

We were getting great gold 10 specs per test pan, and some good sized ones also, went slightly deeper and got nothing.

Dropbear when you say 10 specs do you count just the larger pieces or all of them? Also how many shovels to the pan?
Jon

Latest posts