Looking for some friends

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Members my Name is Gary and in the uk at the moment but will be in Australia on the 9th March. I was fortunate enough to spend Christmas 2002 in Australia
And loved every minute and didnt wont to leave. But promised myself I would return and that time has come. So My Plan is to base myself around Kalgoorlie or
Coolgardie. And use prospecting as a reason to see as much of the outback as possible. So that means purchasing a vehicle and equipment. Im staying for 12 months
and if i got the opportunity Id stay longer So im Thinking if I could find some new friends before I arrive it would make life a little easier and lets be honest you can never
have enough Friends. And I promise I make a good one. So if anyone has any advice or short on friends.:) id be very grateful. Just having someone to point you in the right
direction would make all the difference. I only ask because I know from my experience in 2002 how friendly and genuine the Australians are. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Best Regards Gary👍🙏

Hi Members my Name is Gary and in the uk at the moment but will be in Australia on the 9th March. I was fortunate enough to spend Christmas 2002 in Australia
And loved every minute and didnt wont to leave. But promised myself I would return and that time has come. So My Plan is to base myself around Kalgoorlie or
Coolgardie. And use prospecting as a reason to see as much of the outback as possible. So that means purchasing a vehicle and equipment. Im staying for 12 months
and if i got the opportunity Id stay longer So im Thinking if I could find some new friends before I arrive it would make life a little easier and lets be honest you can never
have enough Friends. And I promise I make a good one. So if anyone has any advice or short on friends.:) id be very grateful. Just having someone to point you in the right
direction would make all the difference. I only ask because I know from my experience in 2002 how friendly and genuine the Australians are. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Best Regards Gary👍🙏
Welcome to the Forum Gary. The fact that you are intending to stay for 12 months is helpful as the WA goldfields in summer are not the place to be. Even the goannas spend most of their time underground because of the heat. The winter months on the other hand are glorious and you will enjoy that time of the year. Getting involved with the Forum members in posts that interest you is the way to go if you want to make friendships where gold is on the cards. Gold tends to make most very secretive when locations are involved but building friendships can even the playing field once trust is gained. Best of luck with the holiday and hope Australia pans out to be great for you on your trip.

Welcome to the Forum Gary. The fact that you are intending to stay for 12 months is helpful as the WA goldfields in summer are not the place to be. Even the goannas spend most of their time underground because of the heat. The winter months on the other hand are glorious and you will enjoy that time of the year. Getting involved with the Forum members in posts that interest you is the way to go if you want to make friendships where gold is on the cards. Gold tends to make most very secretive when locations are involved but building friendships can even the playing field once trust is gained. Best of luck with the holiday and hope Australia pans out to be great for you on your trip.
hi Gary welcome. When you get to west aust you are going to need alot of kit and alot of luck not too many folk are going to put you on the gold when it is selling in the mid $80s per gram.
red

Thanks for your reply and the advice I got My visa today. Im Chuffed to bits. I was planning to arrive in Perth. Purchase a truck pay Prostpectos Patch a visit
and travel all over Australia Having June July August in the South and December January and February In the North and Every were in between Hope iv Got
That right. Finding Gold will just be a Bonus. Best Regards Gary.

Consider also paying to go on a gold tour. There are operators who will take you out on a tag along trip to take you to “gold spots”. They are generally helpful with advice as it is their interests to have their client successful. There you can also meet up with other people and maybe establish some friendships.
The tours can be reasonably expensive but if you want to hit the goldfields running in a higher gear by speeding up your familiarity with prospecting and the goldfields terrain, consider paying for one. The earlier in your trip probably the better.

What sort of detector are you thinking of getting, Gary?
Im going for the GPX 6000 With the 17"coil. Can i just ask a Question I Know I have to get a 40e but do I have to get a
Miners Licence for all the different Locations As travel around Thanks G

Yes you will have get a different miners right/prospecting permits for each state. They can usually be obtained quickly after payment of the relevant fee, but their period of validity varies considerably from about 3 months (Qld) to life time (WA).
The WA 40e takes about 3 to 4 weeks, from my last experience there.

Consider also paying to go on a gold tour. There are operators who will take you out on a tag along trip to take you to “gold spots”. They are generally helpful with advice as it is their interests to have their client successful. There you can also meet up with other people and maybe establish some friendships.
The tours can be reasonably expensive but if you want to hit the goldfields running in a higher gear by speeding up your familiarity with prospecting and the goldfields terrain, consider paying for one. The earlier in your trip probably the better.
Im hopping your post was for me what a superb idea im going to plan my arrival on your suggestion and I may get some
help with my paper work. Do you know if they run all year round id be grateful for any help or do you think its something
Angus at Prospectors Patch could help me with. Thank You

Yes you will have get a different miners right/prospecting permits for each state. They can usually be obtained quickly after payment of the relevant fee, but their period of validity varies considerably from about 3 months (Qld) to life time (WA).
The WA 40e takes about 3 to 4 weeks, from my last experience there.
I was going to apply for my 40e from the uk but it seems I need an Australian address

You got that back to front.
June July August in the north & bring your thermals, it gets cold in the desert at night.
It's hot in summer, December January February in the south. you'll have a good holliday.
OMG :mad: Iv Messed it up already may be I should,nt be aloud to travel around Australia by myself

hi Gary welcome. When you get to west aust you are going to need alot of kit and alot of luck not too many folk are going to put you on the gold when it is selling in the mid $80s per gram.
red
Hi Iv done a bit of homework and i was thinking when i got my permits id get a Geological maps with the ten boxes and the coordinates on
And then make my way to that point do i have that wrong. Cheers

OMG :mad: Iv Messed it up already may be I should,nt be aloud to travel around Australia by myself
Basically, Australia's seasons are the opposite of the UK, but that really only applies to the bottom ¾ of this enormous island continent.

The northerly areas of Australia are in the tropics and are warm to hot all year round, with a wet season centred on summer down south with some overlap into southern spring and autumn, and a dry season which covers the remainder of the northern year.

Hi Iv done a bit of homework and i was thinking when i got my permits id get a Geological maps with the ten boxes and the coordinates on
And then make my way to that point do i have that wrong. Cheers

That's right. The 40e permit will allow you access to 10 graticules on an "E" (exploration lease). You would find a visit to the Mines Department in each location very helpful. They can advise you on legally accessible ground and help you through the 40e permit process. The miners right is available online I think but you might need a local address for that. Once you have it you can access Tengraph, our online mining portal where you can print maps, make 40e applications, research gold producing areas and more.

The WA mines department personnel are very easy to deal with and very helpful.

That's right. The 40e permit will allow you access to 10 graticules on an "E" (exploration lease). You would find a visit to the Mines Department in each location very helpful. They can advise you on legally accessible ground and help you through the 40e permit process. The miners right is available online I think but you might need a local address for that. Once you have it you can access Tengraph, our online mining portal where you can print maps, make 40e applications, research gold producing areas and more.

The WA mines department personnel are very easy to deal with and very helpful.
Thank you for taking the time. If you were going to organise a trip around aussie starting say around march were would you start witch
airport would you land at.

Latest posts