Look what You did....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gippy

Dave
Reaction score
All this gold talk gave me the fever....

I know of a creek that is on the outer most limits of walhalla's gold field And in the creek is an adit that enters the bedrock with a water fall flowing over it.
So off I went wanting to sample the creek and show you some images of the shaft and hopefully a flash in the pan but due to the regrowth after the fires
I couldn't find it.

This image shows roughly how it looks from above.
A friend winched an ore cart from the small dam so it must have been a sizable mine.... I can not find any info on it..

This is all I came home with, Thanks 8.( 8.( lol.

Nah Sidewall damage from a stick Bill. Frigg'n Goodyear Wranglers are a shit tyre, That's the second one with a stick through the Sidewall.

I wouldn't call the last one a stick, It was more like a rotten twig :mad: Goodyear Wranglers, Dont use them.

Bummer! And in this weather too, it must have been cold! Better luck next time (the tyre and the gold :))

Thanks for the advice on that brand. I will be looking to put some new shoes on the fourby soon. Have had Maxiss before and cant fault them. Hope you have used up your bad luck Gippy and best of luck for next time! :cool:

hey gippy was warned many years ago to stay off the tarmac with goodyears :) hopefully they can bang a tube in the for ya mate. personally the maxxis bighorns have been really good to me. only issue i had was on a trip back from QLD was windy as hell the power steering got a workout and leaked on the panhard, panhard bush flogged out speed wobbles all over the shop ended up with a bubble in one, ive done 65 clicks and they still have about 35% :)

Billy said:
Thanks for the advice on that brand. I will be looking to put some new shoes on the fourby soon. Have had Maxiss before and cant fault them. Hope you have used up your bad luck Gippy and best of luck for next time! :cool:

Hay Gippy
I've had Maxxis bighorns on the Land cruiser since June 2012. They are a great tyre, they hve taken me to Cpe York and back and the cruiser is my daily driver.
I do around 500km /week plus trips and they still have plenty of meat on them!
I have had pirellis, goodrich, bridgstones and I recon they don't hold a candle to the bighorns, only drawdack is they are a noisy tyre.

Maxxis have a new "all terrain" tyre , AT 980

so far they are good on wet roads , mud , rock , riverbeds and they are very quiet

I am thinking of having a second set for muddier conditions like Mickey Thomson MTZ , BFG KM2 or Maxxis Bighorn 764 and use the 980 for AT use

backcreek said:
Billy said:

Hay Gippy
I've had Maxxis bighorns on the Land cruiser since June 2012. They are a great tyre, they hve taken me to Cpe York and back and the cruiser is my daily driver.
I do around 500km /week plus trips and they still have plenty of meat on them!
I have had pirellis, goodrich, bridgstones and I recon they don't hold a candle to the bighorns, only drawdack is they are a noisy tyre.
Spot on about the noise mate. I out s few bob into sounds Insulation. Wet dry carpet door trims deadening mayt underneath and a big ass stereo :)

Maxis seem to be a good tire I have a set of Maxis Buckshot muddies on the rear and am happy so far and for the price
you cant go wrong.
I have heard that Coopers are a Crap brand as well..

Pity about that gippy, plus one here for the bighorns too. Been a great tyre for 55k ks nice and squashy when the air is down, good sidewall grip.
Only pain is the noise which is worst for the first 5k kms or so then lessens a little to the same as other muddies.
Imo coopers are ok but there are better performing at tyres for less money on the shelves.