look what i found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry, your not the only one who has been getting a little excited!!! Aye SCROUNGER ;) Regardless of it's authenticity, It looks pretty cool. I await AR's verdict on the matter :D

The photos were very very decieving unfortunately, sorry for late reply..

Kathy had found a real sparkly sandstone which had a glitter to it but no gold, the larger grains made the illusion.

The second photo were all excited of wss a piece of steel from a car most likely as it had chrome plating.

Kathy is certainly on her way though and training her eyes to find these strange looking rocks mostly from quartz variations and small crystals.

If your interested digging for some crystals soon give a pm or msg :) wss great to catch up again, always lots to talk about when it comes to digging!!

I was refering to native tin in the first photo which we have lots of here
The second fooled me from angle. Its a sheet that's 2mm thick and 4cm square corroding rust

The green really got me here and I didnt notice it was calcium built up

Hey i was referring to the second picture
Cheers
NeoGeo said:
AtomRat said:
I can visit tomorrow if your around to take a look if you like kathy

It looks silvery in the photo and hard to see but I'd say its more tin or antimony ;)

Its heavy, dig exactly where you found it more.

G'day Flitgold, I think AR is referring to native tin.
Scroll down to the last paragraph.
http://museumvictoria.com.au/forest/humans/mining.html

Flitgold said:
Hey i was referring to the second picture
Cheers
NeoGeo said:
AtomRat said:
I can visit tomorrow if your around to take a look if you like kathy

It looks silvery in the photo and hard to see but I'd say its more tin or antimony ;)

Its heavy, dig exactly where you found it more.

G'day Flitgold, I think AR is referring to native tin.
Scroll down to the last paragraph.
http://museumvictoria.com.au/forest/humans/mining.html

Me too :)

Yeah its not native tin though mate it doesn't look anything like that it's a piece of scrap metal

Plus you quoted the original post before the second pic was put up lol
Cheers

Latest posts