look what i found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can you help identify ...... is this first pic housing gold?
1441022662_rps20150831_220354.jpg

I can visit tomorrow if your around to take a look if you like kathy

It looks silvery in the photo and hard to see but I'd say its more tin or antimony ;)

Its heavy, dig exactly where you found it more.

Got no idea. But you guys on this forum are very helpful and funny at times too :D

Learning all the time. Can't wait to chat again too AR. Always appreciate a little advice.

I have a little collection for you to view. ;)

Cant really tell with the first pic, but by going off the reflecting light. They look flat like Pyrite. The mega metamorphic specie looks like Copper, Iron Oxide and maybe Wolframite and hopefully its a nice nugget right of center :) Let us know what you think AR.

When you say piece of tin do you mean as in a sheet of metal?
If so its probably been used in an electrolytic recovery process for copper or its been sitting in mine waters hence the CuCaO3 minerals
Cheers

Flitgold said:
If so its probably been used in an electrolytic recovery process for copper or its been sitting in mine waters hence the CuCaO3 minerals
Cheers

Looks layered but hard to show in photo. Also had like a foil layer on top that had peeled back and that fell off.

kathy said:
Flitgold said:
Cheers

Looks layered but hard to show in photo. Also had like a foil layer on top that had peeled back and that fell off.
This thread is getting interestinger and interestinger. (I realise that's not really a word.) Lol :) Very intruiging, could this be a recent historical interaction between mordern materials and a natural process?

Latest posts