Lets go!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks, I live in central Vic, I spent a lot my younger years in castlemaine running around the hills with my
Brother, Although I don't live there now I'm not far away.
I have just recently got into prospecting and have been heading out to those old spots that my grandfather used to take us. Kind of funny how things go round, I never would expected to get back to the main, and to see the place now..really blows me away. My mum grew up in maldon so the visits back there to see her old friends always meant milk icies from Fitzpatricks store followed by running through the tunnels under the pub and round town. We would run around those mullok heaps for hours. So I guess I may see out those parts..
Cheers rudy

Thanks Bill, Matt..
This is my first time on to any sort of forum so thanks for your penitence.
My name is Rudy Jaros and live outside the township of Woodend in Victoria.
I am 48yrs old,, married and have 2 teenage kids that still like to hang around the old man, for the time being..
I have only been prospecting from last winter 2012 when I started panning in the Lodden River.
I now have a GPX 5000, which I'm still learning how to use..
So far I have had more luck panning, but I think it will not be long before things turn around.
I spent a lot of time in Castlemain when I was young with my Nana, Pop and uncle and love getting back there
to those places my pop used to take me fishing and panning in Forrest creek, it actually flowed back then...
I work the Lodden panning as well and walk the hills that flow into it with the GPX5000.
I'm rambling on here....
Cheers Rudy

Latest posts