Victorian noob!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Excited to be a part of the community!

I recently got an Equinox 900 and a Pro-Find 15. I am a complete amateur but I'm very keen to learn and get out. I'm located in Victoria, not far from the beach so would love any tips about that but I'm also very interested in heading to the goldfields as that really fascinates me!

I'm yet to go out on my first trip.

I would really appreciate any tips regarding scoops for the beach/any other accessories and digging tools/accessories for the goldfields.

Look forward to hearing from everyone 😊

Thank you!

Go for it hulahxxp. Don’t worry too much about all the fancy gear for now, a small camping shovel or garden trowel would be just about all you need to get started on the beach.
Great time of year in Vic for beach detecting so get out there during daylight savings and get started on your leaning curve as soon as possible. Experience is the best teacher as to what you need.
As far as detecting in the goldfields for nuggets, that would be more of a challenge for the Equinox than beach or relic detecting. The basic tool you would need there would be a small pick mattock for the harder soils.

Latest posts