Lesche Digging Tools

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogmatic

Matt
Reaction score
I managed to get my hands on one of these Lesche Sampson diggers for the scrubbier areas.
Haven't had a chance to use it in anger yet. Worked well on the trial run in the yard.
Certainly looks the part. May come in handy on those lonesome night hunts ;)

1359352175_sampson1.jpg

1359352279_p1060552.jpg

Look like a nice piece of gear. Nice and solid.
Where did you pick it up from ? Was it a special order or a store buy ?
Cheers

I have been considering buying one for a little bit but some advice on where to use one may be needed. I've read a lot of things saying where to use them and where not to use them, but seeing as most of the stuff I've read about their usage is debatable... I have turned to trusty prospectingaustralia's members to give me their opinion.

I own the Garrett Digger, but it doesn't work in all situations seeing as it struggles in hard ground due to it being blunt and solely relying on the arms to go into the ground.

Any information/feedback will be appreciated! :)

Yeah fella, I bought a Lesche Pro shovel
About 3 months ago on advice from
My mates who use them
I got it cheap of eBay from USA
and it's awsome, it's cuts a nice small
Plug/hole in parks and in the bush
You really can't tell where I've been
Which is obviously important to leave
The environment the way you found it
I highly recommend them as they are
Comfortable to use and very strong
Hope this helps :)
EM

I ended up getting the Lesche Sampson, all other options were a bit too pricey for me. If I was to choose whether to get the long or short handle I would go with the long handle because it's still relatively short.

I have been looking at changing over to the Lesche Raptor, from what I have seen, it seems to cut very neat plugs with its curved blade vs using a flat blade. It is also visually more friendly than the knife-like normal lesche, something that plays on my mind everytime I come across the local constabulary. The serrations on the lesche knife are more suited to green well irrigated turfs vs dry ground and tough grasses, where it tends to rip at the roots vs doing a clean cut.

Though I have thought about a short lesche shovel to give my hands a bit of a break for change, still not sure if the look of it in some parks would be too receptive (Shovel like appearance). If buried irrigation lines are present, you will also have to be real careful using one of those shovels, I doubt whether you will be met with much resistance vs a smaller hand tool - something just to be wary of. :)

1416575903_index-1.jpeg

I agree with both points... Ive been trying different tools/methods to cope with the dryer harder ground conditions
Not sure how it would go ... The sides dont appear to have a knife edge
Maybe have to plunge cut around to make the plug
Keep us posted with feedback.

Thanks for looking :)

Just wondering if anyone has one for sale with it's pouch.

I am right handed and dig from my right to my left,so I will need the serrated edge on the left as you hold it.

Thanks again.

CGS :cool:

Hello Jaros :)

I hope that you are enjoying your Easter.

Yes I believe that they do and I have seen the 2 on Kellyco or somewhere just this morning,with the heavily serrated edge on the 2 opposing sides.

It makes sense when you think about it with 10% of the population being left handed.

I hope I am right.

CGS :cool:

P.S. congrats on the winning bid for some free GOLD.

Latest posts