Make new Prospecting Tools!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Being a Newby to most forms of prospecting, however being a 45 year old vehicle restoration champion ive managed to (besides buying myself a Gold Monster 1000) make myself a hole bunch of handy prospecting tools and gadgets. Ive made with as many recycled materials as possible:

1. Plug or plunge shovel for pulling out plugs at target areas in soft ground,
2 a hand dagger/digger for scraping around in the above mentioned holes
3 a good strong prospecting pick
4 variuos large and small crevicing scrapers and scoops
5 a 6"x18" river sluice, with ribbed mat, miners moss mat and steel honeycomb mesh.
6 last but not least, using at least 50% recycled goods a 50ltr 12v recirculating sluice running a 12v 1700lt/h bilge pump, with segregations and filters, it works as long as there isnt too much grass and light floating crap in the water.

Cant post pics yet as im too new to the forum, but i invite you all to post pics of your home made prospecting goodies...

Regards

Rod!

What are you most impressed by, top 3, covered in 3 posts should do the trick ? ;)

A warm sunny Spring day, some sort of meat on the smoker and a beer all but sorts me out these days Wally69, how about yourself? Im hoping to be super impresed with myself if i ever get to use my GM and actually find a picker or few :goldnugget:

You had better check out all the laws in your state with regards to high bankers , sluices . Most are banned , thank you city Greenies ..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

7.62marksman said:
Yes thats true they are banned in NSW mine is under the shed getting dusty :mad: :mad: 8.( 8.( 8.(

There is no ban on highbankers in NSW. The ban is on the water pumps. You can still use a banker as long as there is no water pump attached to the banker.

Cheers
Jemba

Mike678 said:
You had better check out all the laws in your state with regards to high bankers , sluices . Most are banned , thank you city Greenies ..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thanks Mike678 I am well aware that high bankers are banned in the field mate, are you telling me i cannot operate it in my own garage?

Shame I thought id done a good thing saving those old chem drums and plastics from landfill ;)

1632815459_b49d3668-835a-41db-b31a-2508b914dacf.jpg

Jemba said:
7.62marksman said:
Yes thats true they are banned in NSW mine is under the shed getting dusty :mad: :mad: 8.( 8.( 8.(

There is no ban on highbankers in NSW. The ban is on the water pumps. You can still use a banker as long as there is no water pump attached to the banker.

Cheers
Jemba
yes true mate i should have worded it better :Y:

Simmo said:
Awesome Rod, but mesh most definately needs to go the other way!!
That is absolutely gold over the end of the launder!

Thanks bud thats the info I need, the mesh is another recycled piece I found and it was only big enough to cut down to fit that way, will definitely get my hands on another piece to change mesh direction thanks mate

Cheers Simmo!,

Ill change it up on weekend, cut the mesh into 3 6" lengths and get them in the correct posi & tack back together and post more pics, I have a bit of local creek matter to run thru it, see how she goes