Last nights foray

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
Myself and Dale (dmillar) went out to have a couple of hours detecting last night when it had cooled off. My missus was delighted as she got control of the austar remote. We found that there had been a little bush fire near our best patch and decided to try that. Dale took the left side and i took the right, 6 hours later i had a pocket full of rubbish, a blister, a fright , a limp and 1 little piece of gold that went .2g. I reckon that everyone for the last 50 years had dumped their rubbish where i was swinging. I soon had a nice heap of rusty tins, cans and bottle tops that i had cleared from the surface. I borrowed Dales 11'' Commander Mono and was delighted with how sensitive it was. I still have the "dig every target " mentality even when i know it doesnt sound right so dozens of holes later i finally found the little nugget , very coarse in appearance. Dale had put his headlamp to flashing a couple of times which is our signal that we have found a bit so i knew he was doing better than me. I was down to the creek and looked up and the light caught a pair of evil looking eyes watching me from the other bank in the spinifex. i must admit i jumped a bit ! Then i was on my knees digging a hole and the pick bounced off a rock and smashed me in the knee.Time for a break ! Got back to the car ,made a cuppa and Dale called out, he had a lovely specy. Decided to call it a day a couple of hours later. Dale ended up with 3 small nuggets for .5, a specy of 3.5 ,a nice specy that went 7.5 and on the way home we had a closer look at what he thought was a hotrock and discovered that had colour as well ! I definitely picked the wrong side of the patch ! Oh well next time and at least i got something!

I will get Dale to put his up, i dont think the zoom on my camera is good enough for my bit ! lol

That sounds like the kind of adventure nightmares are made of... ;) didn't by chance walk under any ladders did you..?? certainly sounds like Dale got the better end of the stick....I'm sure the bit you got looked like the light at the end of a tunnel....great story and i think you need to put a blindfold on Dale next time....Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts