large nugget found ... Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy moley, what a chunk that looks like, can't wait to see it out.

This is the latest post.

Friend arrived (lease owner) with jackhammer, target extracted and straight off to a buyer, sorry weight and picture withheld at request of buyer

This is posted on Facebook on the Minelab GPZ7000 users Australia.

Redfin said:
If I were to dig a hole at 7.06 pm I very much doubt the sun was almost overhead and illuminated half the hole.This indicates to me that is is somewhere just after or before midday.

Sunset in WA atm is 5.52pm
Sunset in Viv atm is 5.45pm
Sunset in Qld atm is 5.28pm

So I call bollocks.

wooly said:

Actually my bad. The first post was at 10:39 am yesterday. Perth time I presume.

Did you see it or just the photos, if you did see it can you elaborate estimate size. Certainly got a few people excited, always good to see a mortgage buster helps keep the dream alive.

was found weeks ago, stories been doing the rounds for a while. There are other pictures floating about, reportedly 75oz

madtuna said:
was found weeks ago, stories been doing the rounds for a while. There are other pictures floating about, reportedly 75oz
I said 65oz, i wasn't to far off the mark and good on the bloke/sheila who ever found it :D

Ridge Runner said:
Looking at the Sun Shadow I would say it was about 2:30 ish +/- maybe a bit later,

John.

We are assuming it is on flat ground, whole different time frame if it was on the side of a North facing hill.
Anyway there is no doubting it is a sizeable lump of gold, lucky devils good luck to them, they were probably that excited they didn't give the time of day a second thought. :) :) :)

Nightjar said:
Ridge Runner said:
Looking at the Sun Shadow I would say it was about 2:30 ish +/- maybe a bit later,

John.

We are assuming it is on flat ground, whole different time frame if it was on the side of a North facing hill.
Anyway there is no doubting it is a sizeable lump of gold, lucky devils good luck to them, they were probably that excited they didn't give the time of day a second thought. :) :) :)

Yep, Good on them, that fine is dirt and impossible to guess how deep it is, But it looks pretty big and it is sitting fairly flat,

madtuna said:

Actually, I may be wrong.

While strikingly similar, the orientation is slightly different to the pic I have.

Hard to tell as the pic posted here looks like water has been poured around the nugget and the soil is still slightly damp.

Why not a full story or picture;

Nugget extraction limit ????

Exclusive story publishing royalties ????

Too far away from a public holiday????

Forgot to renew licence ????

Transaction terms and conditions?????

Personal privacy????

Location privacy????

Just decided to get a divorce????

Reasons are endless, but I did appreciate seeing the tip of the iceberg :cool: