large nugget found ... Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally69 said:
Why not a full story or picture;

Nugget extraction limit ????

Exclusive story publishing royalties ????

Too far away from a public holiday????

Forgot to renew licence ????

Transaction terms and conditions?????

Personal privacy????

Location privacy????

Just decided to get a divorce????

Reasons are endless, but I did appreciate seeing the tip of the iceberg :cool:

The shadow moved & it disappeared, true story :lol:

What a load of crap why bother posting pictures and not finish the fairy tail until the buyer pays for it yours so tell us the weight and stop teasing us come on that's not nice. :mad:

madtuna said:
madtuna said:
was found weeks ago, stories been doing the rounds for a while. There are other pictures floating about, reportedly 75oz

Actually, I may be wrong.

While strikingly similar, the orientation is slightly different to the pic I have.

Hard to tell as the pic posted here looks like water has been poured around the nugget and the soil is still slightly damp.

I was wrong.
Different nugget and the story now out on another forum with pics. Congrats to the finder!

vstrom said:
What a load of crap why bother posting pictures and not finish the fairy tail until the buyer pays for it yours so tell us the weight and stop teasing us come on that's not nice. :mad:

If I was fortunate enough to buy a large nugget I doubt I'd make any post about it. Also whilst securing such a purchase as Wooly's post says, buyer conditions partially dictated the sale. Pity about all the tall poppy syndrome associated with this thread, good luck to those involved I reckon. We'd all like to see it but that isn't going to happen, not this week anyway by the looks of things.

I think if you where selling a nugget like that you're have people lining up to buy it and you would set conditions of sale you want it by it or next? :D

vstrom said:
I think if you where selling a nugget like that you're have people lining up to buy it and you would set conditions of sale you want it by it or next? :D

Couldn't agree more best buck wins :D

The finder said he found it in WA.

He also said this below.

I know few people may be disappointed not seeing the end result, the purpose of the post was not for bragging rights (be it 0.1g or 100kg,it's not) as if it was I would have posted on many larger forums for maximum exposure.The purpose was not only to show a target in situ at base of deep hole which can clearly be Identified as Gold instead of the usual hole with target in hand. But to inform those who know me that the gpz was the winner who got the target, as they are aware I have other detector options to find such targets and to encourage others.

wooly said:

Was willing to do the benefit of the doubt but just found out who supposedly found this.

I'm saying BS!!!! No doubt the nugget is probably real, looks like it to me but the story is BS and I doubt he found it.

Also, look very closely at this pic, notice the obviously wetted but almost dry dirt directly on top and around the nugget. The dirt on the nugget almost looks wiped on.
Yep I often pour water on a nugget still embedded in a hole to see what I'm dealing with. But I damn well do a better job at cleaning it if I'm taking a photo.

I'm saying it's a staged set up photo.

I've come to the decision this thread has got me knackered, it's either fair dinkum or BS. Finished product photos, weight, newspaper articles, a current affair promo, news change broadcasting, the prime ministers speech or it never happened. Meet the above criteria or close the thread.

I was at the Melbourne 4X4 Fishing and Camping Expo yesterday and dropped into the Minelab/Miners Den stall. I spoke with the owner of Miners Den there. He assured me that it is all legit.

lol Wishfull. If its BS it doesn't matter it still gets the adrenaline pumping 8) the big ones are still out there fellas ;) and i hope one of the PA members finds one and post it on Gold Detecting Show n Tell :D