Lapidary gear

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIV

Kane
Reaction score
I don't know much about lapidary.
So I said I would post this for a mate of mine in Victoria.
He is after some lapidary gear to do what ever it is, to cut and play with his rocks.
Doesn't want to buy from overseas, so I thought some of you may be able to help me out.
I've told him where the lapidary clubs are in his area, and to try them as well.
Cheers Kane

Depending on what he wants to do he needs a few tools, some have a big pricetag if wanting to buy brand new.
Ill list the machines we use: Slabbing saw 12", Trim saw 6", Cabking cabbing machine 6", single arbour 10"x1" grinding wheels, tumbler, vibratory lap, polishing and sanding wheels, faceting machine. All these need extras / additional costs to use them ie; saws need coolants and different cutting disks

Cabking and Aussie Sapphire are a great place to start

Reactions: XIV
AtomRat said:
Depending on what he wants to do he needs a few tools, some have a big pricetag if wanting to buy brand new.
Ill list the machines we use: Slabbing saw 12", Trim saw 6", Cabking cabbing machine 6", single arbour 10"x1" grinding wheels, tumbler, vibratory lap, polishing and sanding wheels, faceting machine. All these need extras / additional costs to use them ie; saws need coolants and different cutting disks

Cabking and Aussie Sapphire are a great place to start

I will pass this info onto him.
Thanks bud.

Our club has a new room building we can take over in Wesburn oval now too, heaps of room but a bit of work to do first like some extra powerpoints and temp walls. If your hanging about the valley you can join in with club digs for gold n crystal. At the moment there's a few *cough* seniors *cough* but recent members eagerly waiting for the new building are all mixed ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts