Keeping Iron Relics From Going To Rust

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gold Seeeker

Mitchell Eves
Reaction score
Hi all

How do you keep Iron Relics from turning to rust when they are being displayed in cabinet/s. I have placed the items in white vinegar for a week to remove the rust then will use a wire scourer to rub it off. Is there any sort of powder to use or what do you recommend to use, any tips will be great.

Cheers Mitchell

Gold Seeeker said:
Hi all

How do you keep Iron Relics from turning to rust when they are being displayed in cabinet/s. I have placed the items in white vinegar for a week to remove the rust then will use a wire scourer to rub it off. Is there any sort of powder to use or what do you recommend to use, any tips will be great.

Cheers Mitchell

there is a rust convertor that you paint on. it is ideal to clean up the item first ,loose rust etc and mbe clean in a solvent. you could then clear coat it with a spray varnish/clear coat.

@Slipped disc Thanks mate, I like the idea of clear coat. Ramjet I have tried google to find some sort of way but there is no real results that show up.