Just a little rain.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIV

Kane
Reaction score
This reminds me of Cairns.
1482990732_screenshot_2016-12-29-16-50-29.jpg

Wish the tropical weather would stay where it is supposed to(I don't know how you northern guys handle it)was one of the toughest days I've had at work with the humidity.much cooler now though but still muggy

Here to most of my driveways relocated itself but welcome rain if not a bit much. Had to let bjay inside as he looked like he was hyperventilating with the thunder. He used to handle it but not as he's gotten older.

Left to take a son to Melbourne airport and it was bone dry in outer East Melb, got back a few hours later and the gauge at home had 50mm in it. House is on a fairly steep slope and although no damage up in house, its looks like I have a damaged storm water drain somewhere, as W/S under back of house had water all over the floor. It had come through a crack in the earth wall halfway up the under the side of the house.

Just had 3 meters of sewer replaced near there due to subsidence damage ($$$$$), but storm water damage must be 3 to 4 meters up the side from sewer area. I am going to investigate this one myself as I can't afford another visit from a plumber at what they charge.

Rob P.

Ended up with 62mm of welcome precipitation, over a couple more hrs would have been good though .made a bit of a mess but nothing to bad :p

Occasional_panner said:
hahahahaha I bet you're rubbing your hands together waiting for the repair jobs to come in.
you bet ya, water damage to ceilings is my number 1 money earner.
as if I wasn't busy enough.
Most of my driveway is somewhere in the creek now

XIV said:
Occasional_panner said:
hahahahaha I bet you're rubbing your hands together waiting for the repair jobs to come in.
you bet ya, water damage to ceilings is my number 1 money earner.
as if I wasn't busy enough.
Most of my driveway is somewhere in the creek now

I hope you didn't have your treasure buried under the driveway :lol:

The changes in weather cycles are crazy. As you'd know Kane the same amount of rain in the north would be just a daily occurrence. We were fortunate to be away last winter when the same sort of weather struck here causing localised flooding like never seen in recorded history. The water just doesn't shed from these areas like it does in the north and until recently our building regulations didn't allow for it.

We even got caught in the north recently.... it does help to flush out a bit of gold though :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixrd7cucplE&t=2s

Latest posts