Back problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The wonder is that nothing except the very first form (possibly forms) of life evolved from scratch into a successful plant or animal.
Each successive evolutionary generation has been an adaptation of a previous form. I am reminded of that as I lay on my couch nursing a crook back wondering how something that worked so well for me for so long also has such an inherent weakness.
I guess that’s the price of evolution when for bipeds learning to stand and live an upright life a number of years ago from their quadruped ancestors.
As I lay with my back horizontal on my couch maybe I am devolving.
Mate grab yourself an inversion table, completely unloads the spine. 👍

The wonder is that nothing except the very first form (possibly forms) of life evolved from scratch into a successful plant or animal.
Each successive evolutionary generation has been an adaptation of a previous form. I am reminded of that as I lay on my couch nursing a crook back wondering how something that worked so well for me for so long also has such an inherent weakness.
I guess that’s the price of evolution when for bipeds learning to stand and live an upright life a number of years ago from their quadruped ancestors.
As I lay with my back horizontal on my couch maybe I am devolving.
20+ years ago I had an ongoing problem with lower back. A new physiotherapist treated me at work and gave me a suggestion to try at home. Several weeks of this and have never suffered again.
She suggested;
Roll up a towel and place it on floor, then sit down and lay back on it positioning the roll under painful area. (Not easy first few days) After about a week fold the towel lengthwise and roll up. Now sit on floor and repeat process. BTW she also mentioned laying down on a couch to relieve pain is NOT advised.

NJ exactly, what this does is opens back up as it is stretched across / over the towel, allowing trapped nerves that are pinched to escape and also relieve the pressure on the nerve. I brought an inversion table and have never had a problem since. Currently on loan to some one who could barely walk and within several days was up and going again. You have to break the cycle which is, in the case of prolapsed disc the herniated area puts pressure on the nerve and the nerve becomes inflamed which then puts even more pressure on itself so it swells more and so and so on.

NJ exactly, what this does is opens back up as it is stretched across / over the towel, allowing trapped nerves that are pinched to escape and also relieve the pressure on the nerve. I brought an inversion table and have never had a problem since. Currently on loan to some one who could barely walk and within several days was up and going again. You have to break the cycle which is, in the case of prolapsed disc the herniated area puts pressure on the nerve and the nerve becomes inflamed which then puts even more pressure on itself so it swells more and so and so on.
But that would make it ever so hard. I’d have to reach for my drink upside down and probably try and drink my scotch through a straw. That would be unacceptable.

Latest posts