Just a Hypothetical

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefer

Ross Langlands
Reaction score
I was just out the back star gazing and think'in about stuff and my mind wandered off to my next trip out with the 705. :cool: :p ....so I'm wandering around with the wand humming gently ...and... bingo I get a signal! :eek: :cool: :playful: ...now unbeknown to me, the target is a 22crt. diamond encrusted men's ring!... :eek: :D :cake: :bomb: :sunny: :goldnugget: :rainbow: :party: ...the basis of which is an alloy of some type....does the tone give off a low gold tone or shriek like a baboon with it's gonads cut off!, like it's a ring-pull or something.

The shreiking gonad slash would be for silver or big allumni stuff... blahzay for the real mcCoy I'd recon.
:bomb: .... :poop: ? :trophy:
:rainbow: .... :goldnugget:
:perfect: :Y: :p

Don't know, Dig it and you will know for next time you find an even bigger one... Diamonds or any Gem won't register at all on a Metal Detector.... The old saying, 'Dig every Target' I say...

LW...

Seeing that it's hypothetical, it can make any noise it pleases.
If it was my hypothetical senario, balloons and streamers would drop from the sky and there'd be a marching band and cheerleaders.

If it was a real situation, unfortunately I can't help you sorry, I don't own a 705 and have no idea what noise it'd make.

Hope that helps. :D

interesting hypothetical question.
I haven't found a 22ct ring covered in diamonds, but a 9ct gave a solid signal tho didn't scream like a banshee (it was several inches down)
Even the gold plated silver chain bracelet only gave solid 'yeah that's real' signal, although a bit louder than the ring.
Ring pulls are def the easiest to find :100: :poop: :playful:

haha you guys!...yeah I know it's a bit of an ask...I mentioned the diamonds just as an embellishment to the dream ring! :p I am aware that they are not detectable :playful:

Oh Ded Diver...just saw your post!...yeah..I tended to think it would react to the gold rather than the alloy... :cool: That's the problem with being a Dreamer...Igive myself to many useless questions for which I have no answers! :8 :playful: .

my old GPX4000 found a big aluminium nugget (several melted cans in a fire) about 8" down. THAT screamed like a Jack the Ripper victim! overloaded the poor 'ol girl.
My 705 loves aluminium. If the metal price climbs a bit higher I could make more out it than looking for gold :lol:

madtuna said:
If it was my hypothetical senario, balloons and streamers would drop from the sky and there'd be a marching band and cheerleaders.

If it was a real situation, unfortunately I can't help you sorry, I don't own a 705 and have no idea what noise it'd make.

The cheerleaders should be allowed to be topless otherwise its oppressive of their femininity.

Never would I be so sexist to argue against that.

O:)

CreviceSucker said:
madtuna said:

The cheerleaders should be allowed to be topless otherwise its oppressive of their femininity.

Never would I be so sexist to argue against that.

O:)

Your name worries me a bit :playful:

Latest posts