Ive gone Walbanker style for Sapphires

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe

Reaction score
After bending so much while sieving and fighting the leaches decided to fit out my GoldHog HB for Gems hoping to be testing soon. (thanks Greg for the mesh)
IMG_0605_zps49c678b2.jpg

IMG_0604_zps3c71bd78.jpg

IMG_0603_zpsaa7f960e.jpg

IMG_0600_zps53171661.jpg

IMG_0595_zps9e2a9887.jpg

Heatho said:
Nice one Joe, hope it works well for you, now just need to find the mother load. :)
:) Thank Heatho, will see if she'll pass the test :) taller than me with plenty of curves :D still not sure how I'm going to shake her boody.

Looking good mate.
No self respecting sapphire will be able to resit its bumps and curves..... :lol: :lol:
I can see a sapphire weekend coming up next

ChrisM said:
Looking good mate.
No self respecting sapphire will be able to resit its bumps and curves..... :lol: :lol:
I can see a sapphire weekend coming up next
I'm hoping 3 weeks time mate :)

Wow :eek: Nice one joe,

Looking forward to see it in action with your curvy banker :D

Gold689 said:
Wow :eek: Nice one joe,

Looking forward to see it in action with your curvy banker :D
Plenty of room for a 6 pack or two, I'll take some footage mate next trip :) thanks

joe said:
Heatho said:
Nice one Joe, hope it works well for you, now just need to find the mother load. :)
:) Thank Heatho, will see if she'll pass the test :) taller than me with plenty of curves :D still not sure how I'm going to shake her boody.

Joe what changes have to be made to have it work with gemstones?

Moneybox said:
joe said:
Heatho said:

As per recommendation from our old friend Wal, I just got short piece of rubber (for gold) at the drop or top of the bottom sluice and the rest is cat walk mesh sitting about 2-3 mm above and supported by flat head screws on the aluminium (bottom sluice)

joe said:
Moneybox said:
joe said:
Heatho said:

As per recommendation from our old friend Wal, I just got short piece of rubber (for gold) at the drop or top of the bottom sluice and the rest is cat walk mesh sitting about 2-3 mm above and supported by flat head screws on the aluminium (bottom sluice)

Is there enough difference in weight for these machines to work with gemstones in a similar way to gold??

Moneybox said:
joe said:
Moneybox said:
joe said:
Heatho said:

Is there enough difference in weight for these machines to work with gemstones in a similar way to gold??

Example: specific gravity for sapphires is 4 as oppose to gold which is 19 therefore your drop angle of the sluice needs to be less. If you use one inch(2.54cm) drop per foot(30.48)for your gold then on sapphires it works out to be (0.52cm) for every 30.5cm. On a 1.2m sluice you would have a 2cm drop.

Looks awesome cant wait to see hoe she goes. A wal style high banker is defiantly on the to be made list.

Greglz86 said:
That catwalk mesh is looking good mate ;) im keen to see how the goldhog mat goes with it.
Yes looks good Greg, it was your donation ;) thanks mate. I only have short piece of UR at the top.

Mudguts said:
Hey joe
Where did you get the walkway mesh from ??

Hi mate, Greg was cleaning out his garage and posted it in the freebie section. :)

Latest posts