It was bound to happen.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day

Yes its bound to happen eventually, being locked out from fossicking for coins in parks and so on, mainly because of dickheads that have no consideration for others, the very same sorts of dickheads that leave a mess and open holes in the goldfields this giving ammo to the people who want to ban every bloody thing that some of us consider as a fun to do.

I only use a coin probe in parks, just a ground down screw driver or brass probe, leaves virtually no evidence that I have even been there, its a practiced technique to locate the target and can be more time consuming but worthwhile if you don't want have any backlash for detecting there, I very rarely cut a plug unless its a ratty looking place, but even then leave it tidy as possible, but I have seen some twit turn up at the other end of a park I was detecting and start hoeing into the turf with a flamin prospecting pick, I quickly packed up and moved on so as not to get the blame for it.

I have been approached by council workers and such who just asked I watch out for the sprinklers but as they could see how I was only using a probe but to date had no issues with me being there.

cheers

stayyerAU

What Th Hell is a RAT Token hunt!!??
Who in their right mind hides tokens in a public park, footy field etc and to then invites detectorists to go find them. Who gives them permission to even have the hunt in the park?? in the first place?
These hunts normally take place on private land where the owner has given approval for the hunt or they are on crown land. and after the hunt has finished everything has to be left as it was found prior to the hunt.

Adrian ss said:
What Th Hell is a RAT Token hunt!!??
Who in their right mind hides tokens in a public park, footy field etc and to then invites detectorists to go find them. Who gives them permission to even have the hunt in the park?? in the first place?
These hunts normally take place on private land where the owner has given approval for the hunt or they are on crown land. and after the hunt has finished everything has to be left as it was found prior to the hunt.
Yer Mate I think it's stupid to.
Minelab is one company that has done this many times. :8

Latest posts