IT"S SNOWING BALLARAT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's just started snowing here in Ballarat. Rug up if you're getting out in it around here this weekend.

SteelPat said:
You going out this weekend Scrounger?
No mate, house hunting down Gippsland way, i haven't been out for weeks now, too bloody busy. Good luck and stay warm.

Jaros said:
Just been looking at the pics in Ballarat Courier Paper. Brrrrrr.
It's been miserable here for the past couple of weeks Jaros, i'm over it mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Scrounger, are you moving to Gippsland to get further from the GT or just your third holiday shack getting you closer to the lizards and lyre birds?

Looking at west Gippsland BW, my wife wants us to be closer to the grandkids and get me further away from the GT :lol:
Gotta say as much as i like it here in Ballarat, i miss the mountains and trout rivers over in Gippsland and the wilderness estuaries of far East Gippsland.
If we make the move my trusty 2300 will be on the market i think as i'll probably take up gem hunting down that way if it exists instead of driving up to the GT.

Scrounger, even though it'll mean you don't clean out the GT goldfields, I'm sorry to hear of your potential exodus from gold hunting. I too can hear the distant call of grandkids. Wait though, hark, I also hear the whispers of gold down that way but you'll need the gum boots, so don't be so hasty to post that 2300!

Don't be to hasty scrounger it bloody cold over here too
1466763049_image.jpg

33 in Darwin today, and a chilly 26 at the moment!
But, and its a significant but, the 26 we have at the moment is blissful! Its a dry cool 26, not a humid and horrible 26!

SCROUNGER said:
It's just started snowing here in Ballarat. Rug up if you're getting out in it around here this weekend.

I got some serious Antarctic Cold weather gear here if it gets too much for ya, some of it is Rated to -100*c

Those WW II RAF sheep skin Bomber jackets are flaming hot, I wore mine in minus 11c at 60 mph and it was still too warm, Damn things are made for open c@#k pit planes or the old Lancaster Bombers at 35,000ft, Too hot either way, I wore it at -3*c once and had to take it off bloody thing,

John.

Flaming word corrector on the forum has changed my word, So I will say ( The Place where the Pilot Sits )

SCROUNGER said:
Looking at west Gippsland BW, my wife wants us to be closer to the grandkids and get me further away from the GT :lol:
Gotta say as much as i like it here in Ballarat, i miss the mountains and trout rivers over in Gippsland and the wilderness estuaries of far East Gippsland.
If we make the move my trusty 2300 will be on the market i think as i'll probably take up gem hunting down that way if it exists instead of driving up to the GT.

Sounds like a good move SCROUNGER untill the kids want to move some ware else, or decide to chase work interstate!!!!

Its better not to shoot yourself in the foot just because your knee is playing up, remember you heard it here first SCROUNGER.

Captn

Captain Zero said:
SCROUNGER said:

Sounds like a good move SCROUNGER untill the kids want to move some ware else, or decide to chase work interstate!!!!

Its better not to shoot yourself in the foot just because your knee is playing up, remember you heard it here first SCROUNGER.

Captn
Good advice Captain, but you've overlooked one little thing, and that is that i don't have much say in it. We move if she who must be obeyed says we move, the only concession i get is that we don't have to be in suburbia! She knows that would be what breaks the camels (and our marriage) back :lol: :lol: :lol:

SCROUNGER said:
Captain Zero said:
SCROUNGER said:

Captn
Good advice Captain, but you've overlooked one little thing, and that is that i don't have much say in it. We move if she who must be obeyed says we move, the only concession i get is that we don't have to be in suburbia! She knows that would be what breaks the camels (and our marriage) back :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Democracy, In other words you get to do what you want "Her Way" You gotta Love the Girl for that :D :D

See she does have your interests at Heart, arrrh Oh to be In Love :8 :) :)

Latest posts