It,s not 1918 anymore..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The general public see crap out in the goldfields they probably blame prospectors. They see unfilled holes they definitely know it's prospectors.

The general public see crap along rivers and lake shores they probably blame anglers. They see empty bait and lure/line containers and they definitely know it's anglers.

The general public see crap out in the remote hunting regions and they probably think hunters. They see shotout signs and shot animals strewn around and they definitely know it's hunters.

They see graffiti on bush huts and signposts and they probably think 4wders. They see ripped out bollards and ripped and rutted 4wd tracks and they know its 4wders.

Perception is a big thing to counter and argue against, facts are impossible to argue against.

SCROUNGER said:
Wolfy said:
Yeah i agree yass. I do more remote flyfishing than prospecting, and one thing i see constantly, other than tbe usual rubbish dumps of littering pigs, is from otherwise respectful fishers.

What they must do is clean up their rubbish, pack up the camp site and get ready to depart, then before they leave they finish a couple of cans, bag od chips, couple of fags, then toss them into the fire they just put out.

Soooooo many times i see these fireplaces with 2-4 empties and a snack wrapper and always fresh butts. Really peeves me off to think they clean up, then toss the last on the ground as they depart. Drives me nuts, i try to clean up, but its soooooo common.... Rant over.
Yep, i'm a flyfisher also, and we as a group tend to think of ourselves as above other anglers. But from my experience there's plenty of our ranks who also don't give a shite.

Im also a flyfisher, and unfortunately, I see crap from our own to.
Empty spools from fly line, etc. Worst I ever saw were 2 blokes at that dam near canberra, gulgong is it? One was in a jag, wearing tweed and cravat....not fishing, but drinking red wine with his mate, in a range rover. I fished the bank and when I got back to the car park ( I was in a diahatsu rocky) the jag and range rover were gone, however wine bottles and other stuff were left behind, I actually scored a nice little vice from them.

There is also the silent killer in many bush areas that are close to towns, asbestos. A result of the modern DIY renovation revolution. I have seen dumpings around Tarnagulla, Dunolly, Amherst, Maryborough, Castlemaine and Muckelford. I have no doubt that many other dump sites exist. I have contacted the forestry crew about them but they couldn't care less and to date they still remain where they are. The amount of dumped asbestos close to country Vic goldfield towns is quite alarming. All I have seen are on or near diggings. By the way, you fly fisho,s only think your at the top of the food chain, its really us soft plastic casters that occupy that position :D

Fly fishers do it not to catch fish as they have no need already having a freezer full. :D
Jon

A freezer full of fly,s? Wouldn't fancy chewing on those! I fish for trout, reddies and yella,s. Does your misses know you've got fly,s in the fridge? Mine would tear strips off me. :lol: All in good jest, I know fly fishing is an art form of angling, softie fishing is pretty awesome too. Once I mastered it , or learnt it more to the point as im still learning new tricks with them,it blew me away, big fish just love em. If you've never used them give them a try and do some research on the dif methods. Awesome things when you get it right. Cheers.

Latest posts