IS THIS FOR REAL ???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears so, they even claim to be "One of Australia's largest suppliers of Sluice and dredging equipment" http://pauls4x4servicecentre.com/#/sluices-dredges/4570632519 :lol:. Looks dodgy to me, their web address is pauls4x4servicecentre, the website is branded J P Prospecting Supplies then the eBay username is different yet again. I imagine any serious (legitimate) business would operate all of these under the one name. Buyer beware I think :/

He is legit guys. I have met Paul in Gympie. I just bought a 2.5 hp pump and fittings from him. I have seen his floating sluice working in his pool. no need to look for flat ground i suppose.

Same joint makes highbankers, Been on ebay for ages. Looks like good workmanship on the bankers, After all its not illegal to make em or sell em.

Thanks for clarifying guys. I think $980 is a bit steep for a sluice bolted to a boogie board though.

As balx says "After all its not illegal to make em or sell em".
But it is illegal to use them in most states so my opinion is if those that buy one get ripped off I don't care.
Also those using illegal methods will be getting more gold, paying no tax, risking losing gear when caught, but are usually making more money. We all know or should know dredging is illegal, so no sympathy from me.

They are lots of things that are legal to buy & sell, illegal to use, dredges , bongs, alcohol still just to name a few.

Have seen his site for quite awhile now but it was the sluice bolted onto a elcheapo boogie board that cracked me up !!
Great if your doing a bit of dredging at the beach..getting no gold and surfs up then get amongst da waves !!

I saw that a while ago and had to check the date to make sure it wasnt April 1

next i checked to see if the store was called " redneck Fwits " but either way its a bad sad joke of an idea

I think your all being a bit harsh, the setup would work just fine (if legal). A dredge with pontoons is over 2.5k, I am always a fan of back yard engineering. However a sluice box is usually $300 plus and dredge nozzle 1-$200, so a $500 boogie board is a little steep. hahaha

Balx,
I know the 2" Dredge Flare costs him over $260 on it's own so that makes the boogie board a little bit cheaper.