Introduce myself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All my name is Dennis , I live in stuart mill close to St Arnauld in victoria. My interests lie in gemstones, have trouble spelling lap......
I wish to go on field trips and there is no clubs close to me so I hope to have some luck here. I am a beginer so need to gain some knowledge with the help of other good people.
I am aged 60 plus , still young but, have a 4 wheel drive, not married
So thats me
Bye Dennis

Welcome to the forum Dennis. You have come to a great place, as within the Gemstone section of this forum there is some extremely knowledgeable fossickers and gem cutters. Ask all the questions you like, and I'm sure you will get many worthwhile responses steering you in the right direction.

All the very best of luck with it and look forward to chatting amongst the threads.

Cheers Wal.

Welcome Dennis - Stuart Mill and St Arnaud, that's excellent gold country. Good luck with the hunt.

Here is a basic map of gold bearing areas around you.

1411427938_a1.png

Some gemstone info (all I can find). Carapooee (great name!!) is obviously close to you.

1411427973_a2.png

Jees Dennis you are in a great spot for a fossicker. Do you occasionally spot some gold and toss it away as "rubbish?"
Welcome mate i'm sure you'll have a ball on this forum.
Jack

Lapidary? ;) I'm a fan of shiny things myself. :D Most of mine come precut attached to metal out of the ground :eek: