Interesting Quote of the day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0lddigg@

Dustin
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Today's quote is from Seth Godin.

"Criticism is difficult to do well.
Recently, we've made it super easy for unpaid, untrained, amateur critics to speak up loudly and often.
Just because you can hear them doesn't mean that they know what they're talking about.
Criticism is easy to do, but rarely worth listening to, mostly because it's so easy to do."

Or perhaps Seth thinks he's the only one with a relevant point of view because he's so smart? And the underclass (because they're not educated) can't be relevant.

I dont get that at all from seth Scrounger, its a positive point that you don't need to take on everyone's criticism because so many dish it out but don't take the time to really help you in their statements.

Bit like when i got started making highbankers, i had one after the other old blokes coming up and criticizing me with little advice other than what they knew worked in the USA, after 6 months i had the same old blokes coming to see my clean outs every day and trying to buy my bankers :)

I suppose the point is its easy to say "that wont work" and that ends enthusiasm but its much more constructive to think how can that work?

I agree with what you're saying GD about people knocking just for the sake of knocking.
Maybe i'm reading it wrong and out of context, but from that quote where he states recently.... WE"VE made it super easy for UNTRAINED, UNPAID AMATEURS etc etc to criticise and that they're rarely worth listening too is pretty arrogant IMO. I wasn't aware that you had to train or get paid to be a critic! Sometimes fresh eyes not only see and take things on face value (as with your highbankers), but also see and ask question about the way things are done with fresh eyes because they are untrained.
Sorry for going on, i shouldn't be highjacking this thread. No malice here mate.

no malice mate good discussion :)

to put this in context, when he said WE'VE hes referring to US and the state we allow ourselves to be in, i.e information overload everyday.
I can see how you could take it as arrogant, i see it as taking some responsibility himself.

G0lddigg@ said:
no malice mate good discussion :)

to put this in context, when he said WE'VE hes referring to US and the state we allow ourselves to be in, i.e information overload everyday.
I can see how you could take it as arrogant, i see it as taking some responsibility himself.

well said mate. I think the quote of the day is brilliant and very apt. I enjoyed it, thanks.

All good, i agree with that.
I do get sick of the daily 'news' ( i used the term very loosely) programs dredging up these experts and critics everytime something happens. How about the media just give us the facts (a novel idea) on both sides (rarely done) of a story and let people come to their own conclusion.
It's true we are bombarded (and overloaded) by opinions and critisms, usually without all the facts to make up our own minds.
Good chat GD, thanks. Can't wait for tomorrows quote to get the juices flowing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goldtarget said:
I've my own variation on the theme. Too many pointing out the problem, not enough finding the solution. And that's the problem haha :p

I like it too. It reminds me attitude of today's science in general. Most of it will tell you what is impossible, very few will try to make impossible possible.
Karl

I like these quotes, it certainly makes you sit and ponder about our own attitudes for a few minutes when reading them, well for me anyway.

Latest posts