In narooma for a week

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm in narooma for a week and want to meet up with with some panners from the area as I haven't scopped the area as yet but know generally where gold was found. I'm from ulladulla so have detected and panned around Mogo etc but not further south. Any fosicking shops here or is the closest one back in batemans bay?

Detectaden at Batemans Bay is the closest shop and they give good advice. Narooma has the odd pockets of gold mainly at the foothills of Mt Dromedary. Nerrigundah is your closest location where consistent gold can be found but finding someone to show you their locations is a big ask in this region as the gold has had a real hammering amongst the locals. Good luck on your holiday.

Detectaden at Batemans Bay is the closest shop and they give good advice. Narooma has the odd pockets of gold mainly at the foothills of Mt Dromedary. Nerrigundah is your closest location where consistent gold can be found but finding someone to show you their locations is a big ask in this region as the gold has had a real hammering amongst the locals. Good luck on your holiday.
Bit around Wagonga but really not a great area in general - true about Nerrigundah but beware of some locals.....

Some years ago we were panning in a creek at Nerrigunda. We started well up the hill below the remains of a stamper battery and spent the day crevicing among the biggest leeches I have ever seen. The creek had been extensively sluiced and the pipes with chain fastenings were still lying along the banks.
Late in the afternoon, as we were packing up, we heard a motor bike rev up and leave. It transpired that we had been under observation by person or persons unknown and they had apparently decided that we were harmless.
Other fossickers told us that the area was well known for questionable crops.
Grey Panner.

Latest posts