How will i cope?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just been informed on another site that there are rumors up here in the NE of Tasmania that someone has picked up a 20 or so carat blue cutter in a creek 5 minutes from the one I'm slaving my life away in daily.Yer sure I'm doing ok but how will I go tomorrow knowing that within a few km's they are finding real treasure.So many creeks so little time....

Keep at it mate. Same thing happened to me at Inverell a few weeks back. Had been digging like a slave in a hole we started, moving huge billy boulders and the like. 20 feet across the creek a family turn up and within 5 mins they got a cracker of a stone.... Bastards, lol.

It happens.

Just keep diggin, only way... :)

8) Think outside the box digginhard, they (the big stones)may not have made it all the way down to your creek yet, they could be halfway up the hill somewhere. ;)

Cheers fellas.Hey Silver,ive been doing a fair amount of research on this creek and ive found that the top end of it is empty when it comes to sapphire or spinel for that matter.So ive checked old geology surveys and I think I may have found something.The erosion of sapphire bearing excarpments seem to be halfway down the creek where it just so happens people have been finding gems for years.Now these escarpments don't feed into the creek itself but after a little more map researching ive discovered a little known creek that runs parallel to the creek I'm in and actually runs into it at a pretty crucial point.So ill finish my hole I started this afternoon which has given me 10 good blue topaz and a half dozen sapphires in my first five sieves.I actually couldn't believe the colour coming out of it and nearly stayed there digging as I had the one last sieve fever.So ill finish that tomorrow and then move up into this little old creekbed and give it heaps.If its all I hope it is then there will be another river added to Tasmanias list by the time ive finished.Ill just have to have my wits about me as it looks like it could be a tiger snake a hotbed.

Ataway digginhard, rooting for you buddy ! 8) :p :D
Don't get bit though ! :eek: ;)

No scales at the moment but picked up 37 stones today.Biggest is a nice blue cutter of at least 4-5 cts.Didnt hit snake alley because this hole I'm in just keeps giving.Got report today that yes indeed an old fella picked a 20ct blue cutter in Main creek,NE Tasmania Saturday.Apparently its a beaudiful lookin stone and the bloke has been celebrating at the pub since he found it.Good onya digger.

Latest posts